Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Suggestions for new Lower back exercises?

JoNeS

All I really do for low-back are dead-lifts, and weighted hyper extensions. I don't use any of those "extend - back" lower back machines.

Are there any other exercises I can do to target the lower back?

There're lots of low back exercises but the two you're doing are two of the best. Do you squat? Those count too. Also good mornings, pwer cleans, power shrugs, romanian deadlifts, and many others.

Any particular reason you want to add more low back moves?

Guinness5.0 said:
There're lots of low back exercises but the two you're doing are two of the best. Do you squat? Those count too. Also good mornings, pwer cleans, power shrugs, romanian deadlifts, and many others.

Any particular reason you want to add more low back moves?

Yea I squat. I just want to hit the LB from different angles if I can, so I can make sure its fully developed.

It's like the only muscle group where I don't have at least 5 different ways of hitting it.

JoNeS said:
Yea I squat. I just want to hit the LB from different angles if I can, so I can make sure its fully developed.

It's like the only muscle group where I don't have at least 5 different ways of hitting it.

Therein lies the fallacy. Simple is better. You don't need to hit something "5 different ways" to make it stronger (or bigger). You just need to work hard, rest hard, and eat -- and you just can't improve on the combination of deadlifts and weighted hypers (just make sure you deadlift first!). Keep adding weight on those two, and your erectors will look like two pythons running up the middle of your back.

More importantly, they'll be strong. Damn strong.

mpc

"Think of Tiger Woods out there hitting a bucket of balls. He's not swinging the 5-iron to get stronger -- he's swinging it to hone the groove. Hone the groove."

just deadlift bro, its all you need

My lowerback was real strong from doing deads but never had much size in it. Its different for everyone. Now I do the reverse raises with weight and my lower back is coming in nicely.

JoNeS said:
All I really do for low-back are dead-lifts, and weighted hyper extensions. I don't use any of those "extend - back" lower back machines.

Are there any other exercises I can do to target the lower back?

that's what I do
bldl and sldl either one is fine really and your lower back should be good
I've wanted to try weighted hyper tho

Top Bottom