Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? for TESTOSTERONE gurus

biggerthanu450

I have been getting my total and free testosterone levels checked every 2 months for the last 2 years. My doctor put me on androgel because my testosterone was on the low end of normal (total test level 300 ng/dl, free test 3.5 pg/ml). androgel worked at bringing my total AND free test levels up to normal, but I did not like the application process, so I've been using Tornel T200 for the last 10 weeks. After using a low dose of 50mg of T200 every 5 days (for hormone replacement therapy) my total test went to the high end of normal (900-1000 ng/dl) but my free test is still WAY down (2.8 pg/ml). I figure my SHBG is more active with injectible test for some reason. Are there any ways to increase the free/total testosterone ratio?

just throwing some stuff at ya......

Testosterone circulates almost entirely bound to transport proteins but normally, less than one percent is free. The principal transport protein for testosterone is known as sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). It carries, a higher percentage of testosterone in circulation than either albumin or CBG. SHBG has a responsiveness, not associated with albumin, insofar as the SHBG level is sensitive to changes in the ratio of circulating estrogens to changes in the ratio of circulating androgens. SHBG thus plays a greater role in determining the level of free testosterone in circulation.

The concentration of free testosterone in circulation is expected to increase if the testosterone level (T) increases or if the SHBG level decreases. The T/SHBG ratio thus serves as a rough guide to the concentration of free testosterone. It also increases in severe acne, male androgenic alopecia (balding), hirsuitism, and other conditions.

got this from some doc site.

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) increases with age due to
increased estrogen production. Therefore, it is important to monitor
males receiving testosterone replacement therapy. If the synthesis
rate of SHBG is high, more testosterone will be bound by SHBG and consequently free testosterone levels will be low, but the total testosterone levels will be unchanged. Giving more testosterone therapeutically will not increase the free testosterone blood levels. A high free testosterone blood level and a low SHBG is an indication of other problems such as liver disease or nutritional deficiency such as Zinc (these result in a low SHBG). In this case, testosterone therapy should be reduced.

Thanks for the info. To answer your question...I'm 27.
I have been lifting for ten years, and started using fairly low doses of common anabolics for the last 6 years. I've used Deca more then anything else. My bodyweight stays at about 235 to 240 with tiny amounts of supplemental test, but when I do a a short and light cycle my weight jumps to 255 or so. My bodyfat never goes above 6% because my diet is very clean and my metabolism is fast. My estrodiol stays about 13 to 17 pg/ml, but I use 0.25mg of arimidex EOD. I also use 1.25mg of finasteride ED, and was wondering if this may be contributing to the low free/total testosterone ratio.
Has anyone heard of using to supplement nettle to bind SHBG in order to free up more test....it sounds good in theory, but I have not seen the science.

I believe DHT has a greater affinity for SHBG than test so low DHT levels (from finesteride) will contribute to your issue. I have heard Nettle can lower SHBG but I do not seen any studies ...

Top Bottom