Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ceebs' Neurogenex diary.

Ceebs

Hot on the heels of Lil K's Thermorexin case study comes my Neurogenex diary. (Although ANYTHING involving both Lil K and I would have to be hot. :D)

I feel that I'm an interesting candidate for Neurogenex, because my verbal acuity and memory are already very very good, the latter bordering on photographic. (Which is simultaneously a blessing and a curse - ever see "The Time Machine"? I feel like Orlando Jones' character sometimes.) Where I lack is math skills, and ability to multitask.

I took one capsule at 7:50pm this evening, and had the most wretched burp of the contents about ten minutes later. (Valerian root burps are worse, but only slightly.) As I'm typing this post, the words seem to be coming to me easier, and I seem to want to use more parrenetical comments. It's also a good half hour past when I'd normally have dinner, and food doesn't interest me much. What would be supressing my appetite? I don't think there's enough Tyrosine in it to do this... or is it that my brain sees no need for me to get glucose for fuel when the nootropic compounds are nourishing it enough at the moment? Hm.

Anyway, I'm working on a fairly large not-for-profit project right now that involves a lot of Japanese to English translation. The last time I attempted something like this, I pretty much sequestered myself away in my room for two weeks, and bumped caffiene like it was going out of style. Good for getting a lot of work done, not good for my adrenals and kidneys. I'm hoping Neurogenex will give me an edge here, and I won't have to resort to stimulants.

Ceebs said:
(Although ANYTHING involving both Lil K and I would have to be hot. :D)

I just have to second this. :)

btw Ceebs - how come you never mentioned Japanese before (or did I miss it?)? Did you live in Japan? Damn - I wish my Japanese was that good!

Re: Re: Ceebs' Neurogenex diary.

SteelWeaver said:
btw Ceebs - how come you never mentioned Japanese before (or did I miss it?)? Did you live in Japan? Damn - I wish my Japanese was that good!

Watashi no nihongo wa juubun ja nai to iemasu ga. :) (Translation: I know enough Japanese to say that I don't know very much. And I probably butchered the hell out of the grammar, seppuku-style...) I've never been to Japan, but I'd love to go there someday, either on vacation or for studies.

Day 2 observations: I took one pill each with breakfast and lunch, and have been able to concentrate on things for much longer periods of time. I've never been formally diagnosed with ADD, but I exhibit all of the symptoms. I think a lot of the reason why I've been so fond of anything dopaminergic for years has been self-medication for it. This is a huge bonus in my book, because I'm really trying to wean myself off stimulants.

The disinterest in food observed yesterday evening is continuing - it still doesn't much appeal to me. I'm also uncharacteristically giggly. My sister, who doesn't know I'm supplementing with Neurogenex, pointed out to me that I'm using a lot more big words than usual.

The only negative thing, and I'm not even sure yet this is Neurogenex-related, is that my insomnia has gotten worse. If I'm up until 7am tomorrow morning again, I'll suspect something is afoot...

Last edited:
Okay, I am far too awake still for this hour.

Neurogenex is a wonderful product, but I've been having neurotransmitter and/or circadian rythmn issues for a good while now - one of those chicken or the egg deals - which I think it may be exacerbating. I'm going to quit taking it for a few days and see if I can't get to bed at a reasonable hour again.

I should make a distinction, though, that unlike stimulant-induced insomnia, there's not a feeling of anxiety or speediness associated with it. It's simply an inability to turn my mind off, a desire to keep accomplishing things while I have the mental capacity to do so. Does that make sense?

Wah. I really like this stuff. :(

I can't be the only one who's ordered it. Feel free to chime in, ladies. Or gentlemen.

I think caffine basically overstimulates and burns out the adrenal glands. Basically, puts you into "fight or flight" mode constantly and overtaxes your body.

But I ain't no scientist. :) Maybe one of the experts 'round here can tell you exactly.

Daisy_Girl said:
I think caffine basically overstimulates and burns out the adrenal glands. Basically, puts you into "fight or flight" mode constantly and overtaxes your body.

That's about the size of it. Amphetamines do this too, to a greater extent. I've been able to maintain a pretty low tolerance for stimulants - the same dose of ephedrine and caffiene still has the same CNS effect of me now as it did 5 years ago, in other words - and I'd rather quit now before I have a physical addiction, or caused irreversible damage to my pleasure centers.

I didn't take any Neurogenex today, and I'm still feeling positive residual effects with regard to concentration, and how I choose my words. I wonder how long this will last? I asked a question on the Anabolic board about the half-lives of the compounds in it, and got no response.

Thought of the day - if I think therefore I am, if I think more, am I more?

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers guys. :)

Would caffiene also have the same effect on someone who has ADHD? A very strong cup of coffee calms me. I just discovered coffee about a year ago (Im 20) and it really helps me to sit still and to concentrate. Is there any chance it could have these deliterious effects on my adrenals? Anyone have an idea?

anya said:
Is there any chance it could have these deliterious effects on my adrenals? Anyone have an idea?

Over time, and with abnormally high doses, yes. If it's just a cup or two a day, there shouldn't be any lasting damage. Be aware also that caffiene temporarily reduces insulin sensitivity, so your adrenals aren't the only things it could adversely affect. Keep your coffee black if possible, no sugar, no cream, no croissant on the side. :)

The last couple of days I haven't taken Neurogenex, and I've been awake to see the sun rise anyway. I'm going to give it another try.

Top Bottom