Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lets talk about romance...

nycgirl said:
LOL.

I think KB's post is being misunderstood. There was nothing negative about his post. Believe me, if there was, I know I would have been the first one to jump on it. It has nothing to do with where the women is from or where he met her.

Everyone has their own little thing. If you pay attention to your partner you will notice it. For example, I know from listening 3 of my S.O's favorite shows are. Hence, I would likely get him the DVD for those shows.

THe more you learn about your partner (marriage has nothing to do with it), you will pick up on these things.

lol...I guess I did missunderstand. I think that a certain person is attracting certain kind of the opposite sex most of the time. Like KB said that the patterns were all the same with the girls he's been with - same with me: all man that I used to go out with were like the one and same personality all over again

foreigngirl said:
lol...I guess I did missunderstand. I think that a certain person is attracting certain kind of the opposite sex most of the time. Like KB said that the patterns were all the same with the girls he's been with - same with me: all man that I used to go out with were like the one and same personality all over again

a) thanks NYC. you definitely would have been the first to jump on me, lmao.

b) I definitely attract the same type of girl and I know exactly why. I am pretty confident, easy-going (other than getting ragingly annoyed at every little thing or person in my life), independent and pretty damn mentally tough. this attracts the girls with security / body / whatever issues, cause I am the rock in their life. I am always there for them and I end up giving a lot of them some hope/inspiration (this is not meant to be cocky in the last bit). I definitely have learned this over the years.

KillahBee said:
a) thanks NYC. you definitely would have been the first to jump on me, lmao.

b) I definitely attract the same type of girl and I know exactly why. I am pretty confident, easy-going (other than getting ragingly annoyed at every little thing or person in my life), independent and pretty damn mentally tough. this attracts the girls with security / body / whatever issues, cause I am the rock in their life. I am always there for them and I end up giving a lot of them some hope/inspiration (this is not meant to be cocky in the last bit). I definitely have learned this over the years.

I attracted only manipulative man that played reverse phychology on me. Maybe because I am always sweet, gullible and would do anything for the person I am with, so they were taking advantage of that.

KillahBee said:
I agree on that. And I have never lived with a girl. Don't plan on it for a looong time either. But I have had several lengthy relationships (1-2 years) and feel that I really knew those chicks. And I am not bitter about women, I am just intelligent enough to learn from patterns I have seen over and over and over and over and over and over in my experience. You'd have to be a fool to ignore your own experiences, especially when these patterns are so damn blatant.
Agreed, but I have to say this ties into a conversation my husband and I were just having yesterday because what you say is something I've heard other men say before on the boards when they make generalizations about women, you need to accept something about yourself:

When you date more than 3 women, and you see a repeated pattern of behavior in those women, then there is only one constant in those relationships, and that constant is YOU. Whether by design or subconsciously we pick the type of person we are attracted to. Women do it all the time, going back to the "bad boy" or the abuser, and everybody is very quick to point out "hey, stupid bitch, it's your dumb ass that is attracted to that type, so stop crying about your black eyes and how men are all dogs or stop choosing to go out with jerks."

But when men find themselves in repeated relationships with women who are shallow, materalistic, or slutty (or whatever pisses them off about their girlfriends/wives/SOs) they turn around and blame the whole gender. Noooo, it's the same as the chick with the black eye, it's the choices you're making.

It's a basic fact of human nature, you're going to find that certain behaviors go hand in hand with certain "types." You go after a cutsie, high maintenance bitch, don't get upset because she likes to spend money, go to the salon and go shopping. They don't get that cute without maintenance, and you can't do that kind of maintenance without LIKING to do it (just like a tricked out car, takes time and money to create that image).

Then take somebody like me, I'm whatever comes AFTER low maintenance, literally cannot remember when the last time I set foot in a salon was, I LOATHE, HATE AND DESPISE shopping, malls, my idea of a fun afternoon is a walk in the woods and the last time I wore makeup was to go to a christmas party. This is the way I am. But damned if there weren't a couple of guys in my life who wanted me to be a Barbi doll. I can do that once in a blue moon, but regularly :sick:

I'm glad I was born a man.

So you ladies are saying that NOT flapping the sheets isn't romantic?

So what about spending a week making a box out of paper mache' "sp?" and leaving inside it a 2k diamond tennis bracelet inside her car while she's at work on tuesday of August when nothings going on?

Yeah, the sex was great that week.

Whiskey

What's romantic?

When you ask or when you've been asked "how was your day" and you or they actually pay attention to the answer.

Dragging your ass to the ER at 2am mid asthma attack when you are in denial that you can't breathe and they have to get up to go to work in 4 hours and have yet to get some sleep.

Letting you have the last bite or sharing the last of something in the fridge or cupboard and it's their favorite.

And backup no matter how wrong you are or how bad your idea will be carried out.

Respect.

Top Bottom