Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Life extension

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
Do you think it's possible that in the future scientists will figure out a way to severely retard the aging process so that people may live hundreds of years? I think it's possible, I don't see why not. The rate at which we age is controlled by our genetic structure. I believe they will be able to manipulate our genes to greatly extend life. If the world is not destroyed by nuclear war first.

I agree, actually Im not sure how this would work with over population. There would have to be some law that states you can have so many children, I think China does this. But yes I think its totally possible.

I have read in the bible that some people live to real old ages like 150-300 and had like 500 kids, but then again its from the bible soo.............

i think that it's definitely possible. aging is controlled by telomere length and if they can manage to somehow control telomere degradation (or somehow induce telomere regeneration) without fucking up the rest of your genome, aging may be retarded. the next 50 yrs will be very exciting in terms of genetic engineering.

Immortality and extreme life spans are not plausible. You body's set metabolism controls your organ biological life and your genome dictates against rejuvenating internal organs. Change your genome (which you can't do) could only be applied on genetically engineered baby, and it would no longer be a Homo Sapien it would probably be on its own evolutionary branch.

In order to grossly prolong life you would have to go with old school methodology and like a old car keep replacing the used parts as they break down, by growing every human organ with a neutral genetic pattern so no rejections manifest themselves. Even then once your body is taken care off, your brain is not immortal either. Every hour thousands of brain cells die, so you would once again have to create some kind of compatible biological brain cells grown in vitro, which is very science fiction.

Right now if you took some kind of substance (drug) that could grossly slow down your metabolism like beta blockers for the rest of your life i bet my best pair of Spiderman briefs, you could live for a extra 10-20 years. But you would live those years with the metabolism of a turtle, cold all the time, eating a very low caloric levels and have no fast motor or sensory reflexes or thoughts.

I think the closest we will get to using these sciences if by every baby in the future using artificial fertilization that will act to screen the genes for heritable diseases (assuming we find out all the genetic combinations for them) - so less diseased death = a mean longer life for the average person. I could write a lot more but this looks like plenty and I have a hankering for a spankering ...

Last edited:
KnoXville said:
Immortality and extreme life spans are not plausible. You body's set metabolism controls your organ biological life and your genome dictates against rejuvenating internal organs. Change your genome (which you can't do) could only be applied on genetically engineered baby, and it would no longer be a Homo Sapien it would probably be on its own evolutionary branch. In order to grossly prolong life you would have to go with old school methodology and like a old car keep replacing the used parts as they break down, by growing every human organ with a neutral genetic pattern so no rejections manifest themselves. Even then once your body is taken care off, your brain is not immortal either. Every hour thousands of brain cells die, so you would once again have to create some kind of compatible biological brain cells grown in vitro, which is very science fiction. Right now if you took some kind of substance (drug) that could grossly slow down your metabolism like beta blockers for the rest of your life i bet my best pair of Spiderman briefs, you could live for a extra 10-20 years. But you would live those years with the metabolism of a turtle, cold all the time, eating a very low caloric levels and have no fast motor or sensory reflexes or thoughts. I think the closest we will get to using these sciences if by every baby in the future using artificial fertilization that will act to screen the genes for heritable diseases (assuming we find out all the genetic combinations for them) - so less diseased death = a mean longer life for the average person. I could write a lot more but this looks like plenty and I have a hankering for a spankering ...

If I could live longer maybe I would read that long ass post with no paragraphs

could you imagine the joint pains

you could never lift weights (hardcore) otherwise that would reduce the amount of time they would last.

True dat

And that's one of the problems; you can't increase the quality of life without positively affecting the later years. So the question is being what to do in SPITE of scientific advances. I will be highly interested when certain biological compounds are discovered. When it is known how certain animals hibernate then we could have a planned voluntary period of dormancy which would keep us alive, but living in rotations or shifts. Organizations would spring up to be in charge of keeping some of our business affairs in order while we're gone. I think it would work even better than planned. Live off of bodyfat for a week or two for some much needed R&R waking up every few hours for a beer and pretzels or boom chicka boom boom, whatever and then dozing back off. Nice right? No it won't work for everyone but at least it might work for some.

Top Bottom