Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining muscle on a low-protein diet?? With and without AAS?

aquatic_glories

This just struck to my mind while I was reading Ellington Darden's book yesterday. It was about HIT but of course it had diet advices.

He was saying that 300 grams of protein intake is high . He actually never advocates over RDA (which is like 0.3-0.4 per pound) and when all of his clients are getting only about 10-15% protein in their diets , the always see a good growth.

He clains that calories and water are more important than protein about it. That s why he has some strange over-hydration techniques.

Protein is what builds the muscle yes. But is it the only thing it relies as a main block of building?? I mean we have a reasearch showing that muscle is built without testicles,, body is a crazily smart machine,, isnt there any pathway to accomplish protein synthesis??

We have studies showing protein synthesis increase with carb-only drink or showing with leucine-only,,, which might bring us to the fact that protein is everything.
Althogh I dont agree with every of his ideas, Darden knows his shit.. That s why I opened a discussion.

In the place I live people may lose up to 90 pounds in military training in months due to retarded nutrition. But what if they pigged out and ate everything they saw??

Now related to AAS, yes it sounds more retarded to diet low-protein on AAS, but, has anyone tried it ?? Considering that you had enough calories, what results did you get from AAS usage??

I believe Ramadan is making me strange already lol

Last thing: I also use very-high protein diets so I am not the one to be spammed:mix:

Look at some guys in prisons. They do not get the protein like we have or the supplements/AAS, yet some of those dudes are huge.

I personally eat between 350-400 grams of protein every day though.

Well there are lots of guys in prison with really good genetics but your point is also a good one.

I also see guys that eat crap but can carry high mass in some gyms I have gone.
I sometimes think the protein things is exaggerated especially due to supplement companies. Sure it brings a good benefits ; I would like to see Nelson's opinion on this.

The body s adaptation mechanism should be much complex than a protein-intake..

what is synthesized shows on the body..for some it does naturally(genetics) and for some you need additional help(aas)..eventually the body that depends on aas heavily for protein synthesis lose some or most of their gains once they are off it..due to the complex way of life we have changed the equation of chemicals in the body..remember the natives of planet earth use to hunt for animals and eat them raw..they had enough acids to synthesize the protein and no doubt they all were blood group o..blood group also determines how you breakdown protein effectively..

Dardin likes to play with hypotheticals. Sure, muscle is more than protein. It's water and it's also glucose. So you can say carbs "build muscle." But that's just volume.

Actual muscle tissue is protein, pure and simple. Is 300-400 grams a day necessary? Probably not. You can grow with steroids on 100 grams a day, just not as well.

Look at some guys in prisons. They do not get the protein like we have or the supplements/AAS, yet some of those dudes are huge.

I personally eat between 350-400 grams of protein every day though.

Thats becasue they rest...recovery is key. In prison they really dont do to much phisical activity and sit around most the day.

They also trade cigs for food, supplements, or whatever else they can sneak in there. Or if they are big enough they let their cell mate live for a cookie. :)

what is synthesized shows on the body..for some it does naturally(genetics) and for some you need additional help(aas)..eventually the body that depends on aas heavily for protein synthesis lose some or most of their gains once they are off it..due to the complex way of life we have changed the equation of chemicals in the body..remember the natives of planet earth use to hunt for animals and eat them raw..they had enough acids to synthesize the protein and no doubt they all were blood group o..blood group also determines how you breakdown protein effectively..

This is the first time I hear this. If you have any other info to share, I would be glad to read

Dardin likes to play with hypotheticals. Sure, muscle is more than protein. It's water and it's also glucose. So you can say carbs "build muscle." But that's just volume.

Actual muscle tissue is protein, pure and simple. Is 300-400 grams a day necessary? Probably not. You can grow with steroids on 100 grams a day, just not as well.

Thanks bro.

He also said in his book that most of his clients train this way. I mean with low protein, they grow on HIT training..

So with 100 grams a day, you can grow without steroids ,too right?? Because 100 gr a day natural is maybe like 140-150 a day while juicing because of the increased ability to protein synthesis?

So can we say that the biggest reason people lose mass while lowering protein intake a lot is the catabolism that happens in the first weeks; then the body gets used to it.
If we grow on 100 gr a day, but use 400 at the moment; and lower it back to 100 gr a day even if we increase calories, there will be a huge lost right??

Top Bottom