Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LAB RESULTS: Testosterone Serum VS. Free Direct Testosterone. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

I had some lab work done 2 months off a cycle. My serum testosterone was 433 ng/dl which is considered normal as normal ranges between 348-1197.

Mt free direct testosterone is 6.5 pg/ml which is low. The normal range is 8.7 to 25.1.

My Dr. says everything is ok and I don't need TRT as I was inquiring about that. He says they don't look at the Free direct testosterone but look at the testosterone serum level. If they don't look at the free direct, then why do they order the test. It is in dark bold letters saying low but it is not a concern.

He didn't take the time to explain it but is this an issue. Is the free direct test level not looked at.

Re: LAB RESULTS: Testosterone Serum VS. Free Direct Testosterone. WHATS THE DIFFERENC

A lot of doctors don't have the knowledge they should have in endocrinology. Free test is very important, considering it is the useable test in your body. You are in the bottom range for total test and free test is low, so I would thnk you would be a candidate for TRT. What is your age?

Top Bottom