Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How effective is Modafinil???

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodaman

The stuff is supposed to be similar to ritalin but without the shakes or sleeplessness. I'm going back to graduate school in the Spring and my doctor will not give me ritalin or adderall but I know a few places where I can get this stuff (modafinil). Anyone have any experience with the compound????

I love ritalin, but my doctor wont give me a prescription (I don't even know if he'll give me a script for mondafinil but it's easy to get).....hopefully someone has tried it.

Ok, may be only tangentially related, but has anyone had luck finding modafinil in Cuidad? If it's a biggie, it'll probably be there, but I'm not sure how much of a biggie it is yet. I'd hate to drive a few hours for nothing. Any idea about costs?

depending on why you are using it, it can be moderately effective. dont believe the hype that it doenst have stimulant like side effects. Its use to increase hypocretin activity and as a result cortical activation in people with cataplexy is effective a good percentage of the time. As a ''study drug'' I would say to find addy if you could.

my favorite study drug is 54mg conserta, which is just time released ritalin.

rezgirl said:
Ok, may be only tangentially related, but has anyone had luck finding modafinil in Cuidad? If it's a biggie, it'll probably be there, but I'm not sure how much of a biggie it is yet. I'd hate to drive a few hours for nothing. Any idea about costs?
get it from british websites. you can get the foreign name for the same drug with some mild effort searching online

you are talking about Provigil. that is the brand name. Its good stuff. i take it every day at 200-300mg per day. It is commonly used for narcolepsy. but perscribed to be for mild ADD and help me stay awake and study all day. i usually get sleepy after lunch, and being pre med I need to study. No side affects like ritalin. no shakes or feeling like you are on speed. I do not think it will help your workouts. it just helps keep you awake and concentrated. It is not very hard to get a doc to write you a script for it, as it is not very controlled. Overall, it is a good medicine, just take it EARLY in the morning because the half life is 15 hours and you will never be able to get to sleep at night if you dont take it early

SwolK said:
you are talking about Provigil. that is the brand name. Its good stuff. i take it every day at 200-300mg per day. It is commonly used for narcolepsy. but perscribed to be for mild ADD and help me stay awake and study all day. i usually get sleepy after lunch, and being pre med I need to study. No side affects like ritalin. no shakes or feeling like you are on speed. I do not think it will help your workouts. it just helps keep you awake and concentrated. It is not very hard to get a doc to write you a script for it, as it is not very controlled. Overall, it is a good medicine, just take it EARLY in the morning because the half life is 15 hours and you will never be able to get to sleep at night if you dont take it early

so you experince any sides at ??

not really, its great medicine. like i said keeps me up if i do not take it at about 5:30am then go back to bed(because it takes about 2 hours to fully kick in) or else i cant get to bed. when taken on a completely empty stomach, may make me a little jittery. I love the stuff, it does not feel like any kind of stimulant, just alert and awake. as i said, it is new(so have to see if insurance will cover it), and not highly controlled, so it is relatively easy to get a script from a doc.
hope this helps
remember, it is called Provigil(modafinil)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom