Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Test as male birth control?

Twiggy

So, my girlfriend wants to possibly go off the pill to see if it will help her training and diet efforts -- we've been looking at other methods of birth control, but none of the traditional ones seem too appealing (shots, IUD, etc.)

And Corleone's posts from a week or two back got me thinking... Why not Test as birth control?

I just did a quick MedLine search on this, and T has got a fairly decent track record as far as BC goes. here's an excerpt from one of 'em...

"The hormonal approach to male contraception is based on the suppression ofgonadotrophin secretion with secondary suppression of spermatogenesis. This canbe achieved by administration of testosterone or other androgen alone, butcombined administration with a progestogen or GnRH analogue allows the dose oftestosterone to be reduced to physiological replacement doses."

Obviously, I wouldn't want to reduce my dose to "physiological replacement doses," since I'd be on cycle -- killing two birds with one stone. Thing is -- exogenous T seems to lower spermatogenesis far enough to be considered "effective" bc in only about 70% of men. NOT the odds I would like to play should we decide to go this route.

So, I'm wondering:

Have any of you guys tried the T approach to male contraception? If so, how did you go about it? (dosages, ancilliaries, etc.)

Does anyone have suggestions for a drug that could be stacked with T to further suppress GnRH? Norithisterone is one that I've seen mentioned, but I'm a little wary about that one -- apparently it's a progestin used in female birth control.

So, yeah.... Sorry about the long post, but any input you guys and gals have would be greatly appreciated. :)

the only one I know... well its not really a birth control drug but some of its compound are used for chemical castration: Deca. no Test with it. Just Deca. Try this. Your wood wont get hard soon.....ahahahaha...

Honestly stop looking for a miracle drug just go old fashion: condoms.

That's great that you're at least thinking about being the one to help find alternative contraception. I have no idea about options for men other than the usual. What you did - a medline search - is the only thing I could have suggested for you.

I know quite a few women who are happy with IUD's when they don't want to take hormones. Also, Depo Provera doesn't seem to have the same sides as oral contraceptives, if she's worried about the possibility of her body retaining more fat.

I wish that there actually were more options for men.

Top Bottom