Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

progesterone, libido and HRT question

calveless wonder

i was wondering what role progesterone plays in libido. my girlfriend is on HRT and only takes estrogen right now. We tried adding testosterone to the mix to increase her mood, energy levels and libido and while it's had mild success it's nowhere where it used to be. She used to take Depo Provera along with estrogen and while she was on it, her libido seemed much better. She hasn't taken it in over a year...i'm assuming that's the problem but couldn't be sure. Unfortunately we can't go to endocronologist because she doesnt have insurance at the moment so it's alot of guess work.

does progesterone play that big a role in libido and it is neccessary?

calveless wonder said:
i was wondering what role progesterone plays in libido. my girlfriend is on HRT and only takes estrogen right now. We tried adding testosterone to the mix to increase her mood, energy levels and libido and while it's had mild success it's nowhere where it used to be. She used to take Depo Provera along with estrogen and while she was on it, her libido seemed much better. She hasn't taken it in over a year...i'm assuming that's the problem but couldn't be sure. Unfortunately we can't go to endocronologist because she doesnt have insurance at the moment so it's alot of guess work.

does progesterone play that big a role in libido and it is neccessary?

Yes. In a big, big way.
This is one of the things that happens during menopause, I bellieve its refered to as "Estrogen Dominance", and it also happens in women taking estrogen for various reasons.
Administering testosterone could have the reverse effect, as it would further supress progesterone and only give a temporary testosterone related benefit folled by a "crash" where estrogen rises again and progesterone is pushed down even more.

Since you dont have insurance, you could give one of those OTC estrogen creams/pills a shot. Progesterone plays for women the same role testosterone plays for men when it comes to libido... thats an over simplification of course, but you get the point... :D

yep....deca for example will show a rise of progesterone, even in men at theraputic dosages...progesteron drops and menopause will begin....other sdies such as dryness, etc will also begin around this time..

Top Bottom