Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Etiquette - When to back off?

RottenWillow said:
Youch. Hey Mr. Diplomatic, easy there.

What can I say??

I get tired of folks associating appearance with worth.

Surely you do not disagree.

AGreed with Shadow, of course.

Tell him thank you, but you have everything under control. When you need help, you will come find him. If he continues, then say it again, a little harsher. If it continues again, tell the manager.

And whether or not he is ripped does not mean his advice is any more or less helpful. There are many people who are not "ripped" who know a helluva lot more than any "ripped" huge bodybuilder. Muscles do not equal knowledge, likewise, lack of muscles does not equal lack of knowledge. It is stupid to assume otherwise.

Just tell him "buddy your way works for you and my way works for me...thanks but no thanks"

what you describe is border line harassment...especially in the middle of a freakin set or even while resting between sets

You could also freak him out by saying "You're not stalking me are you?" LOL

WoNderWoMan25 said:
Gym Etiquette: Thoughts, advise, suggestions on...

How to tell a trainer at the gym to back off? He's called a 'floor trainer' meaning he is not certified as a personal trainer. The advise he's giving isn't even GOOD advise and it totally goes against things I've been taught/researched/learned.

I want to be polite. Wearing headphones hasn't done the trick so far.

MsBeverlyHills said:
i see this alot- guys giving women advice becuase they think we dont know how to train... I think you should tell him that your 250lb bodybuilder boyfriend doesnt like it when floor trainers talk to you & tends to get pretty angry about it... that should shut him up..lol
I like it lol :)
the-short-one said:
Where do you live? If you're anywhere close to me, I'll go to the gym with you. :evil:
I thought that too lol ... "I have some friends coming in, would you like to train us?" :evil:

You would be amazed what men do at the gym to get chicks attention I had a guy touch my delts mid rep on shoulder presses last year when i was getting comp ready, It took everything in my power not to smash him in the head with a dumbbell. I try to look as angry as possilbe when lifting I wont take my head set off for anything. Even friends I know at the gym I wont talk to them until I am done lifting I require that kind of focus for the best workouts.

It is sad that women can't just act normal in the gym.

Guys want to be left alone during their workout then they have the balls to go chat up a girl when she's trying to get hers on.

You can tell the girls who want to be left alone too.

What ass would try to talk to a girl who has her head set on, looking all focussed and serious, not smiling or making eye contact, using great form and lifting heavy?

superqt4u2nv said:
You would be amazed what men do at the gym to get chicks attention I had a guy touch my delts mid rep on shoulder presses last year when i was getting comp ready, It took everything in my power not to smash him in the head with a dumbbell. I try to look as angry as possilbe when lifting I wont take my head set off for anything. Even friends I know at the gym I wont talk to them until I am done lifting I require that kind of focus for the best workouts.

heavy_duty said:
It is sad that women can't just act normal in the gym.

Guys want to be left alone during their workout then they have the balls to go chat up a girl when she's trying to get hers on.

You can tell the girls who want to be left alone too.

What ass would try to talk to a girl who has her head set on, looking all focussed and serious, not smiling or making eye contact, using great form and lifting heavy?

Day before yesterday, a really swole guy asked me to spot him. :D lol I looked behind me to make sure he wasn't talkimng to someone else. There were dozens of guys he could have asked.

So - I spotted him. He was pushing 120 db's.

Scotsman said:
This is a likely cause of it.

Shadow said it best just lay it out there that you don't want his advice, but do it politely so he doesn't get all hurt over it.

If that doesn't work throw a dumbell at his head, glare at him, then start howling like an angry monkey. He'll probably get the point then. ;)

This is where being a big tattooed powerlifter is nice, I just glare at people bugging me and they go away.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Ha....

See... I need one of those. This is when you start to miss the benefits of a boyfriend who is a 6'4 260-pound Linebacker.

And - Being a big tattooed chick should count for something!!

heavy_duty said:

Whatever this 'trainers' intentions were, I gave him the 'thanks but no thanks' last night.

More irritating that this guy is anyone who interrupts me during a HIIT session, or any kind of cardio. I don't enjoy cardio to begin with. But I'm working so hard I can barely see straight, let alone carry on a conversation.... Top that off with the fact that sometimes even I *know* I'm sweaty and smelly .... at times so horribly that it's embarrassing!! I guess there are more asses out there than we realize!! :) It will be interesting to see what happens when I move off the east coast... If there is any change in attitude, etiquette, behaviors.

Top Bottom