Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice on a sports specific routine/training for a 15y/o volleyball player.

Nucman

She's just starting out, but is interested in getting stronger, and better in her chosen sport. Overall strength(esp legs and delts), vertical leap,.. would be among her goals.
Thanks,
--Nucman

I would look into doing olympic-style moves - like clean and jerk. This will help strengthen entire upper body, plus it is explosive, which can help in V-Ball.

Along that vein, plyometrics would be great for lower body.

Since she is 15, she needs to make VERY VERY sure form is 110% perfect. Don;t go too insanely heavy - she IS still growing. I am assuming she will be on a very balanced diet - nothing restrictive or extreme. She needs all the nutrients she can get right now since she is still building a healthy body.

When I did v-ball in high school, coach had us put on weighted jackets and do "jumping wall touches". Tell her it's mimicking a block movement, but make sure her legs go down to a 90 degree angle befor her jump. (those killed me!!!! But made my vert go way up!!)

Top Bottom