Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

**before/after Pics On Body 4 Life Challenge**

Luckily, I saved what I sent Isis, so here ya go. As Dlady said, it all depends on your own stats - you should go to a personal trainer/nutritionist to help you come up with your own diet. Mine had to push me a long time to get me to eat enough veggies....

And I forgot to mention the water, Isis! I aim for 2 gallons/day.

I wrote up what my calories were supposed to be (given to me by my trainer), and how much protien, carbs, and fat I was supposed to have, and made a list of all the foods I can eat. Then my husband and I put all those foods with their caloric values for Calories, Protein, Fat, Carbs into a list in Excell. Next, we made up a little chart, for each day, with the goals for Cal/Pro/Fat/Carbs across the top, and basically mixed and matched by copying and pasting foods from the master list until the totals came as close as possible to the goals (some slightly over, some under - they almost never come out dead perfect). End result: I ended up with a list for each day of what I should be eating that day.

Next step: Go to the grocery store and buy exactly what you need to make all the food on your list.

Then: On a convenient day (usually Sunday, for us) pre-make all your food for the week and store in the freezer.

After all that preparation, it's easy day to day! All you have to do is check your list of foods for the day, pull the containers out of the freezer and stack them in your lunchbox. (My lunchbox has become a mini-cooler, because there wasn't enough room anymore in a regular lunchbox). Then you are all set for the day. You eat everything on your list, and when you are finished, you are finished for the day. I split it out into 5-6 meals, try to eat approximately every 2.5 hours.

You should probably buy a session with a good trainer/nutritionist to find out what YOUR calories, etc should be. I would just record for a week first, to see how much you are really taking in.

My Height 5' 5.5", Current Weight 122, Current b/f approx 16%

Here is a typical day for me, when I am not on carb rotation:
(Sorry the columns don't line up right)

FOOD CAL FAT PRO CARBS TIME
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oatmeal (1 cup) 300 6 10 54 8:00
Carrots (10 baby) 40 0 0 6 9:30
Turkey breast 110 1 19 0 11:15
Red Potato 100 0 0 26 11:15
Fresh Spinach (1 cup) 5 0 0.5 0.8 11:15
Pure Protein Bar 270 4 32 13 1:15
Beef "Stew" 178 8 21 6 3:15
Turkey breast 110 1 19 0 5:00
Red Potato 100 0 0 26 5:00
Fresh Spinach (1 cup) 5 0 0.5 0.8 5:00
Chicken breast 200 6 36 0 7:30
Green Beans 25 0 1 4 7:30
Sugar Free Jello 15 0 0 0 7:30
TOTALS 1458 26 139 136.6

When I am on a carb rotation, I have to manipulate the foods around to get the levels of protein and carbs my trainer tells me for each day to load and then deplete. Also, on lower carb days, you get to eat more fats, like natural peanut butter, for instance.

Stay away from sugar, (I use Stevia in packets, and love it), breads, pop, chips/snacks.

I didn't put them in the above typical day, but some days I will substitute eggs and cheese for one of the meals.

I already gave my recipe for "turkey breast" in a post above. Here's my recipe for "beef stew":

2 pounds of lean beef, 2 cups of water, 1 packet of "beef stew" mix, 1/2 bag of frozen mixed veggies. Broil the beef until it browns, then drain any fat, then add everything else, and simmer with the lid on for about 5 minutes. Divide into 12 portions. Values are in list above. It's my favorite meal of the day! :)

Chicken breast is just plain old grilled chicken breast. I eat with a little ketchup, or mix with a serving of the turkey to get extra flavor. The Oatmeal is the "old Fashioned" kind, not the instant. I don't put anything on it.

Don't think anything else I listed needs explaining...

Fennec

Fennac and Dlady27
Thank you so much for the great advice ! I really appeciate yall sharing your knowledge and experience. Its exactally what I needed! Isis:angel:

Hey all:

Thought I'd dig up some archives about EAS and the Body for Life contest. Just wanted to see your thoughts on it. The only reason I thought about doing it is because it can't hurt. I wanted to enter this fitness contest in June but I have a tattoo on my back and my boyfriend said they look down upon tats. What do you all think?

ON a Body for Life contest? Maybe they don't want to promote tattoos in their finalist pictures, but I wouldn't let that keep me from pursuing a goal. In other words, F* 'em. :)

I'd do it anyway. Who gives a flying F if THEY don't like tattoos! Plus, if they want to use your pics, they will FIND a way around shooting the tat. :)

Hey Guys, I was just reading your board and thought I'd through in ny .02...
I did the bfl deal back in 01 and went from 236 down to 185. Over the years since and a few cycles Im at about 215. More fat now than I'd like(poor diet) but Bill did get me started and I had great results in just 12 weeks.

Top Bottom