Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

yams-good or bad

slasher

what is the deal with yams(sweet potatoes) i would think that they are worse than regular potatoes. why is everybody so high on these as source of acceptable carbs.
and pasta has a lower gi rating thatn rice so why is rice alwys looked at as semi-acceptable and pasta not.

Well, I just looked up the Glycemic Index of yams, and its 51. Thats pretty low, and is lower then regular baked potatoes which are around 85. Low GI carbs are better when you are trying to lose fat. Sweet pototoes also taste better in my opinion.

where did you look them up, also how would you recomend them being cooked. is there a on-line gi rating scale. thanks for replying.

A food with a GI/GR of 50 would be considered moderate not low. A true low GI/GR carb would be around 35 or less.

When eaten with another low GI/GR carbs like broccoli the overall glycemic response of the meal would be lowered, especially if the meal contains some form of dietary fat and of course protein.

Top Bottom