Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

women and propecia

wyst

Hey, question for y'all. Why can't women take propecia? Is it a pregnancy thing? What about women who aren't planning to get pregnant during their cycles, or even ever?

Just curious (actually one of my friends whose hair is getting thin asked me about this),

Wyst

DHT is necessary for normal development of the genitalia of the male fetus. Because Proscar inhibits the conversion of Test to DHT, it could cause abnormal development of the genitalia in a male fetus. Doesn't take much in rats, but no one knows what exposure is necessary in humans to cause problems. Bottom line, if there is a possibility of pregnancy, don't use finasteride. There have been some studies done in women (Italy) using Proscar for excessive hair growth. It is effective and free of sides, but the pregnancy issue is always a concern.

W6

But for a woman not planning to get pregnant -- but planning a cycle that might be hard on the hair -- could propecia be an okay thing? I mean, she A) is on the pill and B) doesn't even have a boyfriend at the moment.

What do you all think? Worth the risk?

Wyst

Top Bottom