Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why do you need to eat fat to loose fat

DStockholm

i tried searching for this but came up with zip, but everyone says this and im curious as to why.

i know ive heard, your body needs fat to burn the fat, (healthy fats from nuts/flax/fish) but why. where can i find some hard facts that say eating fat helps burn fat.

for example im taking in about 150 carbs a day 230 protien so in need a good amount of healthy fat right, if trying to cut?

Yep, you need to get a healthy amount of quality fats when dieting. A diet too low in dietary fat will cause your test levels to fall. Udo Erasmus believes that having a large percentage of EFA's in the diet does help you burn fat as well as having a number of other benefits.

Yup, fat is essential for losing weight when you cut back your carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are a natural source of energy that your body uses, and it is pretty efficient. But carbohydrates get in the way of your body losing fat. They are responsible for creating a chain reaction in your body that releases insulin, and we all know insulin can really pack on the fat quickly if out of control. Carbohydrates also increase the your blood sugar levels and glycogen stores (indirectly). And your body uses these fuel sources before fat because they are more redily available.

So when you cut back your carbs, you reduce these energy sources. So you have to use something for energy. You don't want to use proetin because it is what your body uses to repair your muscles. So all that's left is fat. Fat is a very inefficient fuel source, so often you feel tired until you get used to the new diet. But the fat is what your body is going to use for fuel.

But, fat is fat when it comes to weight loss. You can use "bad" fat just as well as "good" fats. The difference is not in your physique, but in the inside where you can't see. "Bad" fat will increase your cholesterol levels (increasing your chance of heart disease and failure), clog your arteries, as well as numurous other bad things. "Good" fats can actually do the opposite. Omega-3 fatty acids are great for reducing your bad to good cholesterol levels for example.

hmmmm, i thought when your trying to loose weight you need to cut calories, and fats have a LOT of calories so if you eat your 6 small meals a day and have your good fats your cals are going to be up there. wouldn't this be counterproductive.

Most fats satisfy hunger more efficently than carbs. Heck, my 1900 calories a day comes mostly from Protein and Fat and i'm never hungry.

Most fats satisfy hunger more efficently than carbs. Heck, my 1900 calories a day comes mostly from Protein and Fat and i'm never hungry.
Yes, but not at first. At first you will be more hungry until your body adapts to the lowered carb levels.

hmmmm, i thought when your trying to loose weight you need to cut calories, and fats have a LOT of calories so if you eat your 6 small meals a day and have your good fats your cals are going to be up there. wouldn't this be counterproductive.
Sure, this is true. Eat less calories then you burn in a day, and you will lose WEIGHT. Weight being muscle, fat, and water. But if you want to control what KIND of weight you lose, then it gets far more complicated then cals in v cals out.

Top Bottom