Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What foods are best for sheeding water.

all that have been said

+ foods rich in potassium

i always though water too, as gymtime said helps keep water retention low as it is caused by dehydration, but then why do competitive bodybuilders not drink any water at all 1 or 2 days up to and till after the contest is done? though dont have any water retaining supps such as creatine, e/c stack will help with water loss, avoid sodium.

The vitamins contained in the foods you eat will have a large impact on water retention. There are 2 general catergories of vitamins....Water-soluble Vitamins (B6, C, B3, M, B1, B2, B12) or Fat-Soluble Vitamins (A, E, D). The vitamins that you are looking for to reduce water retention are the Water-soluble vitamins. They are called this because they are laden with oxygens and nitrogens--atoms with imbalanced charge distributions. That is what makes these vitamins "hydrophilic" or water-loving molecules, since water (H2O) also has an inbalanced charge distribution. Out of all of the water-soluble vitamins, Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxine is the best in fighting water-retention. Some foods that are high in Vitamin B6, and therefore are also good at reducing water retention are eggs, chicken, carrots, fish, liver, kidney, peas, wheat germ, and walnuts. I know that this is kind of a long explaination....but I hope it helps.

~toga
:angel:,

toga22 said:
The vitamins contained in the foods you eat will have a large impact on water retention. There are 2 general catergories of vitamins....Water-soluble Vitamins (B6, C, B3, M, B1, B2, B12) or Fat-Soluble Vitamins (A, E, D). The vitamins that you are looking for to reduce water retention are the Water-soluble vitamins. They are called this because they are laden with oxygens and nitrogens--atoms with imbalanced charge distributions. That is what makes these vitamins "hydrophilic" or water-loving molecules, since water (H2O) also has an inbalanced charge distribution. Out of all of the water-soluble vitamins, Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxine is the best in fighting water-retention. Some foods that are high in Vitamin B6, and therefore are also good at reducing water retention are eggs, chicken, carrots, fish, liver, kidney, peas, wheat germ, and walnuts. I know that this is kind of a long explaination....but I hope it helps.

~toga
:angel:,

Thanks so much. So Should I throw in some Supllemental B6 when on my pre-contest diet.

Top Bottom