Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you folks eat before bed on a cut?

esoterik

I'm still rather confused by this, since I got most of my diet down besides the pre bed time meal.

So what do you folks eat before bed, when trying to cut body fat?

Stick with a protein. I'm cutting right now and I'm using cassien protein powder mixed with skim milk. I know the milk has some carbs in it but its only a few grams and I hate the way it tastes with water. Plus I have the cals of the milk factored into my daily calorie total and ratios.

You could also eat something like a can of tuna, peice of chicken, cottage cheese, etc. Just stick with protein.

Why don't you post up your whole diet with cal and macro totals?

Thanks for the input. As for my diet I'm on a cut, 18 yrs old 5'5 129 lbs and around 8% body fat. My goal is to drop another percent or two. I know I could probably start bulking and I plan to do a cycle starting in August.

As for the cutting though, fat loss has plateau'd for me for the past month, 30 min AM cardio 6 days a week with two days of HIIT sessions and one day of light lifting (arms+chest+abs).

Using Fitday, I calculated my total calorie intake to about 1200-1300 a day, following a 40% protein 30% carb/fat macro. I figured I wasn't eating enough and my plateau was due to my body being in starvation mode. So I figured upping the calories to 1600-1700 a day would help me overcome this plateau, since the days that I lost body fat were days when I ate upwards of 1900-2000 cals (regardless of macros)

Here's how my daily diet/routine looks like following my 1600-1700 cal daily intake goal:

8 am: 30 minutes of empty stomach cardio, would have a whey shake after or not depending on how I feel
9:30 am - breakfast: 1c of oatmeal with 2.5 oz of tuna or 3 whole eggs scrambled
11:30 am - snack: 1/4 cup of almonds
1:30 pm - lunch, two slices of wheat bread with 5oz of tuna
3:30 pm - 1 scoop whey protein shake in 8oz water and banana on lifting/HIIT days
4:30 pm - HIIT session or weight lifting followed by another 1 scoop whey protein shake in 8 oz water and a banana
6:30 pm - dinner: 1c of green veggies and 5 oz of lean protein
9:30 pm - snack: two tblsp of peanut butter

Usually I would stop eating here as the peanut butter would fill me up, but on days that I don't lift or do HIIT (due to time constraints) I would be hungry around night time. I know I should be eating more though because this is only putting me at around high 1400-low 1500 cals give or take a few with aroudn 50g of fat/130g of carb/120-130g of protein. Macros are usually 40p/30c/30f or an even amount of something like 35p/30c/35f. I'm going to try to add some cottage cheese starting today.

Any input I can get will be greatly appreciated.

esoterik said:
Thanks for the input. As for my diet I'm on a cut, 18 yrs old 5'5 129 lbs and around 8% body fat. My goal is to drop another percent or two. I know I could probably start bulking and I plan to do a cycle starting in August.

As for the cutting though, fat loss has plateau'd for me for the past month, 30 min AM cardio 6 days a week with two days of HIIT sessions and one day of light lifting (arms+chest+abs).

Using Fitday, I calculated my total calorie intake to about 1200-1300 a day, following a 40% protein 30% carb/fat macro. I figured I wasn't eating enough and my plateau was due to my body being in starvation mode. So I figured upping the calories to 1600-1700 a day would help me overcome this plateau, since the days that I lost body fat were days when I ate upwards of 1900-2000 cals (regardless of macros)

Here's how my daily diet/routine looks like following my 1600-1700 cal daily intake goal:

8 am: 30 minutes of empty stomach cardio, would have a whey shake after or not depending on how I feel
9:30 am - breakfast: 1c of oatmeal with 2.5 oz of tuna or 3 whole eggs scrambled
11:30 am - snack: 1/4 cup of almonds
1:30 pm - lunch, two slices of wheat bread with 5oz of tuna
3:30 pm - 1 scoop whey protein shake in 8oz water and banana on lifting/HIIT days
4:30 pm - HIIT session or weight lifting followed by another 1 scoop whey protein shake in 8 oz water and a banana
6:30 pm - dinner: 1c of green veggies and 5 oz of lean protein
9:30 pm - snack: two tblsp of peanut butter

Usually I would stop eating here as the peanut butter would fill me up, but on days that I don't lift or do HIIT (due to time constraints) I would be hungry around night time. I know I should be eating more though because this is only putting me at around high 1400-low 1500 cals give or take a few with aroudn 50g of fat/130g of carb/120-130g of protein. Macros are usually 40p/30c/30f or an even amount of something like 35p/30c/35f. I'm going to try to add some cottage cheese starting today.

Any input I can get will be greatly appreciated.

First of all, 1200-1300 cals is WAAY too low. You are right that you are totally in starvation mode at this point. Getting your cals up to 1800-2000 and letting the cardio create the deficit is much much better.

Second, why in the world do you want to cut MORE at 8% bf and only 129lbs? You should up your cals to 3000 a day (start by adding 500 cals a day per week to your diet til you get there so you dont totally shock your system). Then start lifting heavy compound lifts (bench, deads, squats, press, rows, etc) 3 days a week. You can keep in cardio a couple days a week to keep fat off and stay fit.

Third, you really shouldn't be doing a cycle so young. First of all no one here will advise you to do AAS this early. Second, you are only 5'5" and 18. You have more to grow and you WILL stunt your growth by using AAS. Many people grow into their early 20s. You don't want to cut yourself off now. You could get many inches taller, you have no idea yet. Also, you have so much genetic potential left it isn't worth using AAS yet.

You are young enough that if you just eat 3000+ cals with a lot of protein, lift heavy, and get a lot of sleep you will grow like a weed.

Top Bottom