Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Using weights to burn fat whilst keeping muscle.

marclee86

Afternoon peeps! A couple of questions. I'm a 29yo male at 14st 5lbs and 6ft. Im not sure of my body fat percentage but iv lost around 3-4 stone since i changed my lifestyle last year. I'm wanting to burn off more fat as i still look a little flabby but want to keep the muscle i have (average) I'm aware of the bodies catabolic states and how calorific deficits and surpluses work. I did a 16week cycle of test enanthate a few months ago that was primarily used for accelerated recovery and the cease of burning muscle tissue (although it help my fat loss too) Now, my macros have always been 40% protein 30% carbs 30% fats. I really like training with my dumbells and i was wondering if lifting weights whilst in a calorific deficit will help preserve the muscle iv got whilst i continue to burn fat?? Also, is weight training an effective way to burn fat opposed to cardio?? I have 50kgs worth of plates with a bench, various cardio machines, and a shit load of willpower. Iv been overweight most of my life and iv been so hellbent on a prime physique that i need to try something new and shock my body. Any diet tips or info on using weights to burn fat would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Welcome to EF Marc! Yes, lifting will help preserve your muscle when you're cutting. At 14 stone, you're probably burning around 400 calories for a 45-minute weight lifting session (depending on rest periods). This is a little less than cardio, but it's still pretty good if you're trying to get built.

Top Bottom