Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tribex - what do you guys think?

eden

I'm planning on getting some of this stuff...any thought? anybody used it before? Do you get any good gains from it?

Pls dont comment here if you've used AS or PH before cuz the gains from it probably wont be considered to be noticable to you...Just natural ppl who use supplement please, thanks!

How old are you?
I don't feel it will do much if you are under 30. I say this because your T levels should already be rather high at a younger age.
I'm 25 and first took it when I was 23. Definite libido boost, but not much in the muscle department.
I mean when I take it I'm able to cum and keep going and then cum again. Only happened once before I used the Tribex.

However, there is a new formulation of Tribex which is supposed to work better, so I don't know if that one is any better.

tribex

I tried tribex before, but I forgot to lift so I didn't notice any results. This time i'm coming off a 1-ad cycle (no juice and never haved) and giving tribex a shot while i'm off the 1-ad. I will take it this time and even lift too. It's hard to get motivated to lift when your bench is over 300 and arms over 17" from just doing a set here and there. Guess i'm a hard gainer. Hee hee.
Cheers

I tried Tribex about 2 years ago using the highest recommended dosage and didn't feel anything. I just got finished using FUZU for 2 weeks (again using the highest recommended dosage) and can say I definitely felt a difference not only in libido but also noticed my weights going up without struggling too hard. Just my .02 cents.

George, were studies actually done to verify this:

"When steroids are used in high dosages, they can cause a false signal to go to the hypothalamus that results in a depressed signal to the testicles. In other words, with all the excess testosterone in the body, the testicles get lazy and stop production. Over a period of weeks, this depressed signal causes the testicles to atrophy. To avoid this, athletes can use Tribulus to keep an artificial signal going to the testis. Tribulus therapy has been found to be very effective in the prevention of testicular atrophy as well as to use the body's own biochemical stimulating mechanisms to increase plasma testosterone levels during training."

By this I mean does it actually prevent your testes from atrophying during a cycle. I'd really like to know if this has been studied.

Just thought you guys might be interested in this.

Effects of anabolic precursors on serum testosterone concentrations and adaptations to resistance training in young men.

Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Reifenrath TA, Uhl NL, Parsons KA, Sharp RL, King DS.

Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA.

The effects of androgen precursors, combined with herbal extracts designed to enhance testosterone formation and reduce conversion of androgens to estrogens was studied in young men. Subjects performed 3 days of resistance training per week for 8 weeks. Each day during Weeks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8, subjects consumed either placebo (PL; n = 10) or a supplement (ANDRO-6; n = 10), which contained daily doses of 300 mg androstenedione, 150 mg DHEA, 750 mg Tribulus terrestris, 625 mg Chrysin, 300 mg Indole-3-carbinol, and 540 mg Saw palmetto. Serum androstenedione concentrations were higher in ANDRO-6 after 2, 5, and 8 weeks (p <.05), while serum concentrations of free and total testosterone were unchanged in both groups. Serum estradiol was elevated at Weeks 2, 5, and 8 in ANDRO-6 (p<.05), and serum estrone was elevated at Weeks 5 and 8 (p <.05). Muscle strength increased (p <.05) similarly from Weeks 0 to 4, and again from Weeks 4 to 8 in both treatment groups. The acute effect of one third of the daily dose of ANDRO-6 and PL was studied in 10 men (23 +/- 4 years). Serum androstenedione concentrations were elevated (p <.05) in ANDRO-6 from 150 to 360 min after ingestion, while serum free or total testosterone concentrations were unchanged. These data provide evidence that the addition of these herbal extracts to androstenedione does not result in increased serum testosterone concentrations, reduce the estrogenic effect of androstenedione, and does not augment the adaptations to resistance training.

Publication Types:
Clinical trial
Randomized controlled trial

The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composition and exercise performance in resistance-trained males.

Antonio J, Uelmen J, Rodriguez R, Earnest C.

Human Performance Laboratory, University of Nebraska, Kearney, NE 68849-3101, USA.

The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of the herbal preparation Tribulus terrestris(tribulus) on body composition and exercise performance in resistance-trained males. Fifteen subjects were randomly assigned to a placebo or tribulus (3.21 mg per kg body weight daily) group. Body weight, body composition, maximal strength, dietary intake, and mood states were determined before and after an 8-week exercise (periodized resistance training) and supplementation period. There were no changes in body weight, percentage fat, total body water, dietary intake, or mood states in either group. Muscle endurance (determined by the maximal number of repetitions at 100-200% of body weight) increased for the bench and leg press exercises in the placebo group (p <.05; bench press +/-28.4%, leg press +/-28.6%), while the tribulus group experienced an increase in leg press strength only (bench press +/-3.1%, not significant; leg press +/-28.6%, p <.05). Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained males.

Now that doesn't say much, as its only an abstract, but its enough to make me stay away from using these products. I have yet to see anything that proves conclusively that TT will increase LH or FSH. Its possible, but AS users have better things available, and supplement-wise, there are better supps available.

-FC

the dosages in the test you quote from seem quite low.
Eastern european tests show the opposite is true, serious strength gains were evident after 4 weeks on 3000mg per day.

Top Bottom