Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This weight gainer any good?

econanalyst

Its called Power Mass and is made by MVP. The guy at the supplement store I called said it is great and contains all isolated protein. Below is some info. I found on the web about it. Please let me know if this is a good product.

Name:
Power Mass
Servings Size:
220 gr (4 Scoops)
Flavors :
Vanilla Thunder - Chocolate Lightning
Strawberry Storm - Hurricane Punch
Size:
2.5 Lbs ( 5 Servings)
5 Lbs ( 10 Servings)
10 Lbs ( 20 Servings)
Ingredients:
Energy.............................................................891 cal
Protein.................................................................44 g
Fat.......................................................................11 g
Carbohydrates................................................ 151.8 g
Sodium........................................................... 385 mg
Potassium......................................................1210 mg
Calcium...........................................................792 mg
Vitamin A...........................................................330IU
Creatine Monohydrate.............................................5 g
Suggested Use:

For best results take 2-3 servings per day in the
morning and after workout and or between meal.
For the Ultimate Weight gaining shake mix 1
serving of Power Mass with your favorite juice,
milk, ice cream and various fruits.

All our Powders are Designed to taste Good with
Water.
It costs 75$ (Canadian !) for 10 pds. Is this a good price for a weight gainer? How long will it take me to run out if I take 3 shakes/day?

I use Prolab N-Large 2 weight gainer. Plus it seems to be a lot cheaper than the one you have posted. I get mine thru DPS Nutrition, 10lbs for 33.95. Comes in Vanilla, Chocolate, and Wild Berry, Yumm. :mix: Awesome flavor.

I have read good things about this weight gainer on some of the threads on here. You might want to do a search and check it out.

Product Information:

Serving Size: .............. 153 grams
Servings Per Container: 29

Calories .................... 620 in water
Total Fat .................... 6 grams
-Saturated Fat ............ 3 grams
Total Carbohydrates ...89 grams
-Sugar ........................ 23 grams
Protein ....................... 52 grams

Ingredients: Maltodextrin,cross-flow micro-filtered cold
processed ion exchanged whey, fructose, natural flavoring.

http://dpsnutrition.com/templates/frmTemplateA.asp?CatalogID=1253&Zoom=Yes&SubFolderId=159

10 lbs = 20 servings?!!! That's half a pound of powder per serving if I'm reading that right! If the 10 lb size truely is only 20 servings, you'd run out in about 6-7 days. I can't say for sure since this is Canadian dollars, but that sounds really expensive too.

I've heard alot of people on this board and elsewhere say NLarge2 is a really good weight gainer.

Weight Gainers Aren't My First Choice

The idea behind a weight gainer is obviously to pack on weight. Think about it. 1 pound of fat has 3500 calories and 1 pound of muscle has 600 calories. I think the quality weight gainers are crap. Most if not all of them have too much carbs. Too many carbs + fat= fat gain. You don't need 600-1200 calories coming from a weight gainer. You can easily up your calories by eating better foods, or spending your money on a better protein powder. Protein is what builds muscle, not carbs. Carbs do provide fuel for intense workouts. N-Large2 is probably one of the best gainers I've seen, because it's protein content is high and it's carb content is lower than most gainers. If you must use a weight gainer, go with N-Large2. Just gave you my 2 cents. Later

If you want a cheap weight gainer for calories only, then try the Weider Mega Mass. I know it is Weider, but the stuff is cheap, easy to drink, and has enough calories to do the job if you have a fast metabolism.

;)

NLarge2 tastes great, mixes easily in water, and isn't all thick like many weight gainers. Get the Vanilla and add flavourings of your own deciding.:chomp:

hey spend your money on some quality protein powders the weight gainers suck, to many garbage calories. You want more carbs have a bowl of brown rice or a sweet potatoe

Best Gainer

Try MyoMax Gain, by Scitec it's got:

52g protein
60 carbs
4g sugar
4g Creapure Creatine
9g glutamine
13g Bcaa's.

It's the best I've seen in a awhile. The sugar content does it for me, I don't like the gainers with tons of sugar!

Another good one is CytoSport's Cytogainer...it too is low in sugar.

Top Bottom