Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

There's a great FOOD debate going on in the Diet board

Hey triplev--- are u feeling stronger today ??? hee hee Isnt it winny day?? Gosh, your going to like it :D

well said spatterson. i agree about the statisical results of studies.

ann...still waiting....must still be sleeping. already went to the gym today though, so we shall see tomorow. :D

I stopped reading after the first post. I happen to like theories because you can test and retest and get the same result. I also like them because they can be debunked by new theories. Though Spat is right about some, if not most, studies being subjective, the preliminary research is usually subjective. It is when only certain "desireable" parts of the results (tests) are taken to prove a bias report that disturbs me. Unfortunately, authors and publishers of practically any subject (in our case bb, diet etc.) take advantage of that to sell their books. So many conflicting "theories"... gives me a big headache. If life was a little more simple.

Well TripleV....j/k on feeling the winny yet.....should kick in another week or so. And Poohbear, I agree with you that there are too many conflicting theories out there. I feel like you need a medical degree to figure it all out. In my personal experience, and this works for me now, I just listen to my body. If my pants feel a little tight, then I cut some crap out of my diet, lift a little harder in the gym and stay on the treadmill a little longer. I guess I am too stubborn or lazy to get out my "calorie" counter every day to figure out if it's time to stop eating yet because I've consumed my allotted daily allowance. I know my own body better than anyone else and I know when an adjustment to my diet needs to be made. (Especially after a large peice of cheesecake) My goal is to be happy, healthy and in shape because when this becomes tedious, I would probably lose some of my desire. Of course if I was competing, I would be up shits creek about now :D

All I have to add is don't believe everything you read, even if it IS scientific sounding. I work in a field where for every scientific result published there are 2-3 results published that refute it. There are a lot of other fields of research where negative results never even get published. Dieticians can give you guidelines but the most successful diets will usually be the one's that are fine-tuned on a person by person basis.

Oh, and don't believe everything you read on an internet discussion board, even if it's posted by a mod. Or maybe I should say especially if it's posted by a mod (j/k WarLobo-ya know I still love ya).

And for those that want the background to that first thread there's http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=43228

Last edited:
Top Bottom