Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The whey protein question

MrRTTB

I eat lots of fish, chicken and other meats. My diet is high carb/high protein on workout days and I mix Whey with kasein and meat( half protein drink, some kasein and rice or pasta or other carbs with meat).

When not working out(non workoutdays) I eat less and I was wonering how bad Whey protein would be if I would take just a Whey isolate drink every 3 hour. I know It's fast, but is it too fast for one meal every 3 hour? Do you think it goes out in the system too fast. I mix it with fibers and sometimes 15g oatmeal, and some fat. Now, I need to buy a new proteinpowder. I know the importance of Whey post workout and on awake, but for the low caloriedays would a wheydrink with 30g whey, some fibers be enough not to loose mass or would I need some other protein. I can't take egg protein and kasein protein is to expensive. I need only a drink and that is why whey is good for the small meals(can not eat a real meal at times). How much faster woudl a whey proteindrink with 5g fat, 5-10g fibers be compared to a proteindrinkmix with kasein/whey??

i guess its better than nothing

but whey isnt a perfect protein, its actually not that high a quality protein in my opinion, compared to others at any rate, including meat

unless u HAVE to eat shake form, stick with the meat. if u can;t whey is sure as hell better than nothing :)

Alfons said:
I eat lots of fish, chicken and other meats. My diet is high carb/high protein on workout days and I mix Whey with kasein and meat( half protein drink, some kasein and rice or pasta or other carbs with meat).

When not working out(non workoutdays) I eat less and I was wonering how bad Whey protein would be if I would take just a Whey isolate drink every 3 hour. I know It's fast, but is it too fast for one meal every 3 hour? Do you think it goes out in the system too fast. I mix it with fibers and sometimes 15g oatmeal, and some fat. Now, I need to buy a new proteinpowder. I know the importance of Whey post workout and on awake, but for the low caloriedays would a wheydrink with 30g whey, some fibers be enough not to loose mass or would I need some other protein. I can't take egg protein and kasein protein is to expensive. I need only a drink and that is why whey is good for the small meals(can not eat a real meal at times). How much faster woudl a whey proteindrink with 5g fat, 5-10g fibers be compared to a proteindrinkmix with kasein/whey??

I couldn't tell you the exact time difference between digestion levels w/ fiber and fat, but I would guess it's around double the usual. You can stick to whey (it's not the best but money always is an issue) and mix w/ fat and fiber, it should be fine.

Mr.X

Top Bottom