Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Technique help!

dude...youd be blacked out right now if it wasnt against the rules

lets BOX

also, when you do go for a free weight barbell squat you'll find that as long as the bar travels straight up and down there's a very good chance your back does lean forward a bit, this is normal physiology and perfectly acceptable form. Your back roaching in the middle is NOT acceptable form.

I cant recommend a book called "starting strength" enough

bending your back for deads tells me you have too much weight on there and Im guessing for both your back strength and hip abductor strength are the missing links here

go for t-bar bars, bent over barbell rows, cable rows and some pull ups..even if theyre assisted
for hip abductors, cable abductions and the hip abductor machines and well as walking sideways and backwards on a treadmill

a lot of people nail form on a smith but if you were my workout partner I'd have you start on a bare bar and keep adding five lbs until we got into an issue then I'd back it off a bit and call that your working weight, slowly adding 5 lbs a week to that

My actual back is start its just the lean thats the issue. Ill work on the areas you say and see how it goes. Im going to go for reps next time rather than weight so hopefully will tie in nicely with your idea of adding 5lbs until we see where the issue arises.

Form problems in both squats and deadlifts could indicate tight hamstrings and hip flexors. Stretching might help. Also, I usually warm up with high rep leg curls to get the blood pumping in the hams. That gives me a good stable base to squat from. You also might want to try spreading you arms to where your hands are touching the weight on either side. Tends to help me squat with less lean.

^^ also excellent advice

for a while I couldnt get any depth here recently and started doing "pigeon pose" and "standing bow" right before squats
made an enormous and instant difference

Form problems in both squats and deadlifts could indicate tight hamstrings and hip flexors. Stretching might help. Also, I usually warm up with high rep leg curls to get the blood pumping in the hams. That gives me a good stable base to squat from. You also might want to try spreading you arms to where your hands are touching the weight on either side. Tends to help me squat with less lean.

Thanks - will give stretching a go. Funny you shoudl say that about where i grip, a friend offered the same advice last night. Shall try that too! :cool:

Top Bottom