Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking Whey and nee dot know how to cure or stop protein farts

oramis_

Hello guys, after this question you would understand why I don't upload my profile pic lol. I'm having bad gas problems from protein and i usually get it at the gym or at the office and it is very embarrassing and sometimes I can't make it to the restroom and you know what's next, so i want to know how can I avoid gases from protein or what medicine can I take. I want to keep taking my protein but in this high amount it is just impossible to get a good shake in without being afraid of thunder coming out my butt!

You are most likely using a low quality whey protein powder that has a significant amount of lactose per serving. Lactose is the milk sugar naturally found in dairy products. The majority of adult humans, myself included, are very sensitive to lactose and lack the dietary enzyme lactase needed to break about the disaccharide bond. This is what causes the stomach upset and gas.

What you want to be using is a pure whey isolate. A pure whey isolate will have no lactose and you won't have the same issue. There are a lot of good products on the market but I personally use isolation from n2bm.com.
http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/P...tion-p320.html

It could be the lactose as mentioned. Or it could just be the protein itself. I have the same issue and stay pretty gassy all the time. Do you take a probiotic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try getting your hands on enzymes, they really help with digestion and gas. Trust me on this one.

i have an idea that sounds crazy but how about stop drinking shakes and eat real food instead?

i haven't drank a shake in years. drink water instead.

Really nothing wrong with shakes here and there. I physically cannot eat after working out. I would lose it all in an instant. But a shake is manageable to hold me until I can get a meal in. And with my job where I never know where I'll be at times, and where it's impossible to take any time to eat, a shake is a lifesaver.
Agreed the food is best though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would first make sure you have a quality pure whey isolate and not a concentrate product. Then I would watch the timing of your shakes.

Most of the times people have gases due to the fact that they use whey concentrate, which has lactose in it and causes stomach issues. The best way of avoiding these gases and keeping the usage of whey protein, is to use products that will have only whey isolate, such as the Isolation by N2BM. It is made with 100% whey Isolate, and it has no artificial sweetners or additives, so it will not cause any stomach issues.

Top Bottom