Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tablets for blood sugar level... mr x ?

cozmokramer

I saw an ad for tablets that lower blood sugar level...

does anyone know about these? they are called

GLUCOPHAGE....

can these help one get into ketosis faster...?

Yes, Glucophage will help you get into Ketosis way faster, due to the fact that it has similar effects as insulin administration. In fact, Glucophage is prescribed to diabetics. I would recommend straight insulin, instead of glucophage, because straight insulin injections can be controlled with much more ease then glucophage.

Check out my newly published CKD manuel:
http://www.mesomorph.net/bros/docs.php?ID=46

Mr.X :cool:

Mr x... I see that glucophage tablets come in different
sizes... 500, 750 and 1000mg...

where would one begin if they wanted to try it out?
its easy to get... but how does one experiment for the
first time with dosage?

My opinion would be to make sure you have a glucometer so you can monitor your blood sugar as you go along. Start out low and watch your blood sugar over the course of a day. That's the problem Mr. X is referring too, glucophage can continue to lower blood sugar for some hours. With humalin R, you know it's finished after about 2 hours. If you want to avoid insulin, then I'd say try ALA or vanadyl as a glucose disposal agent. They are safer, but will still help you dispose of glucose more effeciently. I believe Insulin is actually safer than glucophage because of it's predictable half-life. That's an opinion though. Good luck Cozmo.

yes but doesn't use of vanadyl kick people out of ketosis?

thats what mr x keeps saying and I DO BELIEVE him... so that would be contradicting wouldn't it?

so if i get a glucometer... test myself... then take a tablet of glucophage... what kind of reading would be
optimal... what reading is a normal level...?

Fifty 50 pharmacy

The last one listed measures both. I'm sure there are other sites that sell them, but that's the first one I found. They have a lot of supplies including glucose tablets that you could use during carb up. PM me if you want me to find other sites. You also might find them at a regular pharmacy.. I know they sell glucometers, so just ask about which ones measure both glucose and ketones.

great.... thanks for the website.... now...

what levels of blood sugar would show that you are
in ketosis? I mean... how do I gage that my levels
are low enough... is my dose of glucophage too high,
too low? what results should I want from the glucometer

First you need to know what the half-life of glucophage is, which I don't. I know with humalin-R, it's about 2 hours. So vary it to correspond with the effective half life of glucophage.. i.e. How long does it keep lowering your glucose? Once you know that, then glucose disposal agents all are used basically the same way. Take your blood sugar reading after the time has passed, and if it's above 60, then take some more. Judge by how much it dropped the first time as to whether you should up your dose or lower it. I have no idea of the correct dose for glucophage. When your blood sugar is below 60, then stop taking any glucose disposal agents and let your body take you the rest of the way there. Once you get below 50, you should begin to see ketones present in the blood, that's the general place that most people enter ketosis. You may be a little higher, and you may begin to see some ketones present from dietary fat. The general rule, though, is that once your blood sugar gets below 50, you will enter ketosis and stop burning glucose for energy. Anytime you are using any disposal agent like glucophage, and especially if you are using insulin, always have some type of glucose replacement nearby in case you need it. If you begin to feel disoriented, or really sluggish, then you might consider taking some glucose to get your blood sugar back up.. Be careful not to overreact though.. I was using insulin, and after my first dose, I was still above 80, so I took 3 more ius. About 2.5 hours later, I was feeling weird, and kind of out of it, and took my blood sugar.. It was 46.. I should have just waited and took it again in 30 minutes to make sure it didn't go any lower, but instead I took a glucose tablet.. It had 4g of carbs, 15cal of all glucose, and 30 minutes later my blood sugar was at 77. I guess to sum up.. Once your glucose level falls below 60, don't take anything else. Check the glucophage to see how often it is to be taken, and take a dose at that interval checking blood sugar immediately prior to taking it until your blood sugar is below 60. Good luck.

Top Bottom