Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sweet potatos vs regular potatos

And if you up the yam to about 200g of serving, you got about the same nutritional value as a sweet potato like I said.

The reason sweet potatoes have a lower GI rating than that of white potatoes is because of its oxalic acid content. Anti-nutrients have have been shown to lower the GI of carbs by interfering with amylose digestion.

BMJ

how many carbs in a average size sweetpotatoe is it wise to eat the whole sweet potatoe or half of it when cutting?

D00fy said:
how many carbs in a average size sweetpotatoe is it wise to eat the whole sweet potatoe or half of it when cutting?

49 g of carbs, the answer to your 2nd question depends on how many carbs your are taking in during the day and also the timing you eat it. If earlier in the day, a whole one is fine, if later in the day I'd go w/ half or skip it.

good shit

6 Pack Man said:
Nothing really to complex about why sweet potatoes are better than white potatoes but here is a little break down

White potatoes are mostly complex carbs.
White potatoes aren't as calorie dense as sweet potatoes.
White potatoes don't contain as much fiber as sweet potatoes.
White potatoes don't contain as many vitamins/minerals as sweet potatoes.
White potatoes have a higher GI rating than sweet potatoes.

White potatoes aren't necessarily bad, I used to eat one a day while I was on my last cutting diet and I managed to stay around 7-8% body fat. Just now when I'm cutting or maintaining I'll eat sweet potatoes over white potatoes though b/c of the added benefits to it.

bump

I avoid both of them, because both are easy to eat foods that can cause me to eat too many calories(from carbs).

I wonder if eating them raw would drastically lower the GI? I would never do such a thing, but just wondering.

On the Insulin Index (which is more apropriate than the GI) potatos (regular) are one of the worst food :mad:

Top Bottom