Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supplement Question?!

esteveze

I was speaking with one trainer at the gym this am. The conversation was about me not seing much muscles developed. He suggested that I should take supplements. I decided to come here, to the boards, and ask you girls and guys what do you think? supplements for muscle grow!? need some info on this.
Just want to make clear that I will NOT take any esteroids or any type of drug.
please for those who have experience on this issue, I need some advise.
THanx

Creatine really helped my muscles to gain some size. It adds strength, therefore increasing weight and building more muscle....

I've never taken steroids either - and creatine is the only supp. I take, aside from an ECA stack...

esteveze said:
I was speaking with one trainer at the gym this am. The conversation was about me not seing much muscles developed. He suggested that I should take supplements. I decided to come here, to the boards, and ask you girls and guys what do you think? supplements for muscle grow!? need some info on this.
Just want to make clear that I will NOT take any esteroids or any type of drug.
please for those who have experience on this issue, I need some advise.
THanx
are you cutting or bulking?

The number 1 supplement is FOOD, namely sufficient protein to build/rebuild muscle tissue, clean carbs to supply energy to your muscles so you can effectively train them, and heathy fats. Without a sound diet, all the supplements in the world (including steroids) won't be much use.

I used creatine but only until I ran out. I did see some strength improvement and aid in recovery, but figured I could get to the same place w/o it, but just take a little longer and save some $. (I'm SO cheap :D!) I also tried something called Methoxy7 but it was a waste of $. Never tried steroids. I've put on sufficient muscle for my purposes (fitness look, not BB) using food, OTC supplements, and hard training.

I started from basically nothing, as my body was ravaged from 20 years of eating disorders, but in 2 years I managed to shed over half my bodyfat and replace those fat pounds with muscle pounds. I weigh the same but look completely different, AND I was over 35 y.o. when I started! Supplements I use on a regular basis:

- protein powder
- multi-vit w/iron
- additional B,C, and E vitamins (anti-oxidants)
- ALA (alpha lipoic acid)
- glutamine
- ZMA
- flaxseed oil
- fat burners/Yohimburn (only periodically)

The last thing I did was to clean up my diet and start eating enough, but I really feel that was the step that made the biggest difference in my results.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEL
I agree w/ FitFossil....your DIET is MOST IMPORTANT..proper nutrition can do wonders for your body...once you have that in check I would look into glutamine, aminos, creatine, multi vitamin and lots of water.

diamonddiceclay

Diamond...
Cutting or bulking?
my understanding of:
1)Cutting is to get lean and loose BF right?
2)Bulking is to build more muscle and gain more weight??
that what i think about this terms..please correct me if I am wrong.
Answer to youur Q is that I would like to loose BF and also build muscles.

I read somewhere that a person can NOT lean-out and biuld-grow muscle at the same time. Please explain to me since I have lots to learn.
Thank U

esteveze said:
...I read somewhere that a person can NOT lean-out and biuld-grow muscle at the same time...
If the main emphasis is on cutting, then yes, you most likely cannot lean out and grow muscle at the same time (unless on AS perhaps). However, it IS possible, especially with newer trainees, to grow muscle and lean out (this happened in my case). BUT in doing this, my main emphasis was building muscle. The fatloss came as a result of my increased muscle and hence, higher metabolism.

FitFossil said:
The number 1 supplement is FOOD, namely sufficient protein to build/rebuild muscle tissue, clean carbs to supply energy to your muscles so you can effectively train them, and heathy fats. Without a sound diet, all the supplements in the world (including steroids) won't be much use.
Ditto. Very well put!

It IS possible to simultaneously gain LBM & lose bf - but it depends where you're coming from. If you are super lean (12% bf) it's quite likely you won't be able to gain LBM without adding fat (cuz your body will fight so hard to put some fat back on) - but if you are at 25% or so, you can do them both. In both cases, a clean diet is essential.

I take glutamine, multi-vitamin, & protein shakes & bars ONLY in an emergency, if I can't stand any more chicken, or as a 'treat' sometimes. I go for low-carb & low sugar ones. Haven't tried creatine or ALA -I'm cheap too! :D

Actually, Gladiola, I think MS posted a study somewhere that states that the percentage of LBM gained when one is at a higher bodyfat percentage is less than that gained when at a lower bodyfat percentage, and that therefore, it is better to lean out somewhat first, before attempting to put on LBM. That way you will put on less fat relative to muscle gain, although, either way, as a natty, there will be fat gain. I haven't tried it yet, but am expecting to be able to put on LBM faster just after my comp. than I was able to last year at a rather higher bf percentage.

As for supplements, basically the same as FF.

Top Bottom