Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sugar after workout minimizes gh release

P

prophet

i read in mens fitness (dec) that taking in sugar after a workout spikes insulin which is good but apparently it does something to effect your ability to release gh. does this matter? i mean gh is great but is restoring the glycogen stores in your muscles more important?

Most studies show a combination of carbohydrate and protein to produce the highest spike in post workout gh. Either macronutrient alone resulted in less of a spike. I would generally be wary of anything written in men's fitness regarding weight training.

Insulin and GH are basically opposing hormones, so it does make sense raising insulin level post workout will have a detrimental impact on GH secretion due to workout.

Does it matter? Wouldn't you want you GH levels to peak during recovery (i.e. sleeping) as opposed to right after working out?

Not sure, just a hypothetical, and even so, it would be the lesser of two evils anyway, spike insulin to transport carbs, protein, creatine etc. postworkout.................or don't take any carbs post postworkout because it "might" lower gh levels.

gsxr1000 said:
Does it matter? Wouldn't you want you GH levels to peak during recovery (i.e. sleeping) as opposed to right after working out?

Not sure, just a hypothetical, and even so, it would be the lesser of two evils anyway, spike insulin to transport carbs, protein, creatine etc. postworkout.................or don't take any carbs post postworkout because it "might" lower gh levels.

do you really have a gsx 1000 i am looking at the gsxr 600, yamaha r6, and the honda cbr f4. the 1000 suzuki is a big ass bike..how do you like it?

gsxr1000 said:

The reason it matters is that we all normally have a spike of GH while sleeping. The post workout spike is in addition to and if you circumvent it you are just limiting yourself. NOw insulin is also very powerfull and often the goal of a postworkout meal to hel shuttle nutrients into the now depleted muscles. Which one would actually give better benefits is hard to say.

Top Bottom