Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Still hungy

I usually drink the post - workout drink "Recovery X" - can I add Maltodextrin to that or would you recommend another post workout drink.

that drink is great for post workout, but that is not the problem. you need to eat some complex carbs with those meals or the body will use the protein for energy vs for muscle building. you should be eating at least 50 grams of complex carbs like oats, beans, lentils, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat breads etc with each meal..you essential fatty acid intake is low also. you need to eat some natural peanut butter, or some flax seed , hemp or olive oils.

I take Flax seed oil 3 x a day, and I do have a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter - I just start using the MRP "GROW" which I will take 2x a day. Recovery X has maltodextrin in it - would you suggest adding more? Plus I have been shying away from brown rice, beans = I have added brown rice to my chicken - twice a day -

witkowsd said:
I usually drink the post - workout drink "Recovery X" - can I add Maltodextrin to that or would you recommend another post workout drink.
Try this:

Pre and during workout:
Eat a low GI carb and a slow protein source about 60 min before training. I like eating 1/2 a sweet potato and tofu or yogurt, but I am not bulking either. You could use oats and a chicken breast. Then about 15 minutes before training, start drinking this: 20g whey protein isolate + 24g maltodextrin + some of your creatine. Drink this through the first half of your workout.

Post workout:
Immediately drink this: 30g maltodextrin + 30g dextrose (or just 60g of either one) + 30g whey protein isolate + some more of your creatine (or just have it all pre-workout, it probably doesn't matter).

Then have a high protein meal (with carbs) about 60-90 minutes later. You may want to adjust the quantities to correlate with the rest of your diet and your current bodyweight.

You can buy 10 lbs of maltodextrin from NOW nutrition for $15-$20. Don't buy it from proteinfactory. Look around at your local nutrition store (NOT GNC, they won't have this). You can also order this on the web (NOW Nutrition brand "carbo powder" in 10 lb size). NOW also makes dextrose. I like Isopure whey isolate $30 for 3 lbs and it mixes well.

1/4 cup of the NOW maltodextrin is 24g.

Revised my meals for the day -
Oatmeal w/egg white, whole egg, protein powder

MRP

Chicken/broccoli/Sweet Potatoe

(1hr before workout) Chicken/broccoli/Sweet Potatoe

During w/o: Protein powder, maltodextrin, creatine

After w/o: Recovery X w/Maltodextrin

1 hr after w/o - chicken or steak or fish (whatever I have) w/vegatables

Cottage cheese w/blueberries

I also take flaxseed oil, and ZMA-PM, plus natural pb inbetween

How would you say this checks out? Do I need to add or decrease anything?

Would it be more beneficial to substitute oatmeal w/whey protein powder for the MRP? and should I add anything else to it - right now my 1st oatmeal has egg whites and egg yokes in it (1 of each).:p

Top Bottom