Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starvation Mode?

LENDADDY

I started a "normal" diet 3 weeks ago, It basically consists of low calorie intake and high activity. Two serious accidents have turned me into fat bastard these last two years. Accident the first '99 motocross racing, mid air contact, result seven fractures in my right foot. Accident the second '00 hit by a drunk driver while I was in a party store(yes , he came right thru the wall and took me out), result snapped acl etc. etc. Had my surgeries and back in action. I am 6'2" and had ballooned to an impressive 275lbs!!! last three weeks I have lost 15lbs. I am eating about 1200-1500 calories a day(no energy probs?!) Am I going to go into starvation mode? My current maintenance level would be about 3100 calories right? I am creating a deficit of 1900 calories a day. Is that too much? I seriously feel fine. I look good at about 210 and that is my current goal, shaping will be my next.

It's quite possible you may shift your metabolism into starvation mode - especially if you're active in the gym with strength trainiing and cardio.

Most people will enjoy a week to 10 days of weight loss in the form of water. Then depending on diet/exercise, fat loss either continues at a decent rate, slows, or stops alltogether. This is where you need to evaluate your calories and specifically, the types of calories you are ingesting.

I think starvation is iminent with a 1900 cal a day deficit, in fact, anything over 1000 calorie deficit can be said to be starvation-mode and metabolic slowdown. See, what happens is your body get's used to the calorie intake and slows the matabolic rate to match up the lower amount of ingested calories.
Try this for an experiment: take your body temp. first thing in the morning when you wake up. Don't eat anything, don't go running, and don't start anything with your g/f, just plainly take your body temp, before any activity, and you'll see that it's way below normal. This could be considered a metabolic slowdown (I would surely say, it should be concidered a slowdown, but again some people are different).

This would be a good formula:
Weight (275lb) x 12 (cal) = 3300...=BMR (basal-meatabolic-rate)
Day:
1->BMR-20% ~2640cal
2->BMR-15% ~2805
3->BMR-10% ~2970
4->BMR ~3300cal
5->BMR+5% ~3465
6->BMR-25% ~2475
7->BMR ~3300cal
start cycle over->

As far as diet goes, try: 50/30/20 (protein/carb/fat)%

Bro, sorry to hear that some idiot ran you over. I know how it is, I fell of my Harley and got stuck under it and couldn't get out, and the idiot emergency crew couldn't lift it. For god sakes, all of them were women (I got the most respect for women, but come on)...first, 30 min, there was 3 women on the scene and 1 guy and the goofs COULDN'T lift the bike off my legs...how pathetic have we become...well this is a good example

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom