Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting Atkins but question

Bobarell said:
Another question about the diet. I have been sticking to under 20grams of carbs a day. How much protein should I be taking in??

I am also taking Ripped Fuel for energy, I work nights, and I was wondering if I should be doing some cardio with my workouts.

Thanks for all the previous comments by the way.

Keep, your fat intake above protein intake and you'll be fine. Remember that the key is to fall into ketosis. Protein has a glycogenic effect. Because of this, excess protein can prevent your body from entering/staying in Ketosis.

Also, if your not getting good results you might want to cut out the ripped fuel although i'm not sure what all is in it. Read the ingredents more than the labels. I personally use Atkin's Protein Shakes on occasion but only out of convience, not because its "better".

The key on induction is to not have caffiene or drink ANYTHING other than water. Keep yourself strickt the first 2 weeks. It only gets easier from there.

Hell, i've been doing this since June and i've lost almost 90lbs so it definately works and its not a "scam". I'm in excellent shape (and thats from my Doctor, not based on how i feel). You will not eat yourself into a heart attack or feed off of muscle. My cholesterol is 130 which is extremely good for someone who is predisposed to high cholesterol, heart disease, and diabeties (once again, from the doctors mouth).

People who don't "believe" in the diet can talk all they want. I have doctors reports to SLAM them wrong ;). Just remember, its not a body building diet, its a fat loss diet.

Top Bottom