Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scars and competition

Naxis

Are scars a big no-no for competitions? If you have some noticeable scars, should you not even bother? (I'm not talking a nick on the shin kind of scar. More like 20 stitches in the leg kind of scar...)

I would guess it would depend on the competition you are entering ... but I have seen a lot of women with C-section scars as well as others recovering or coming back from breast cancer (major mastectomy surgeries) ... I would hope that they would judge you on your muscle symmetry. Some of the competitions that I have entered are more strict than others (body jewelry, hair up, etc).

I unfortunately hav a lot. most can be covered or are mostly unnoticeable, but I was in a car wreck where the dashoard kind of collapsed on my legs and gashed the muscle above my knee in a V shape. It killed a good chunk of the muscle tissue and I think would probably effect a judgement in the overall appearance.

Was just curious. It was somehting I have been toying with and would be sorely disappointed to do all the work to find out I didn't have a shot to begin with.

hey ... if its a goal you want to set for yourself, then I say go for it anyway ... no harm in trying & its a great motivator in the gym. You won't know unless you try it. You could use the leg that has the scars for your back plant leg during poses.

I have a huge scar running down the side of my thigh from hip surgery. It really hasn't affected my placings as far as I can tell.

I would try just for the hell of it- you just might get points for guts.

hell ... I agree with Lobo
if Angelina Jolie can cover up "Billy Bob Forever" for her movies ... you should be able to cover a scar ... go for it

w84me said:
hell ... I agree with Lobo
if Angelina Jolie can cover up "Billy Bob Forever" for her movies ... you should be able to cover a scar ... go for it

OOOPS- looks like she'll be going to the the laser removal clinic soon...hehehehehe

FHG
lurkin the Ladies Room

I think that covering scar will be an alternative. But I would think of getting a scar treatment for the future. My mother has a bid keloid scar in her stomach and she is going to a plastic surgeon to make it look smoother... the procedure, as far as I know, is that the doctor injects the treatment directly on the scar and see how much progress it achieves before thinking on laser. Maybe where you live there is something similar.

Top Bottom