Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

saizen evaporation? help.

farfromhome

started HGH two weeks ago. ever so carefully reconstituted 10 IU saizen with 1ml diluent (bacteriostatic water), then injected subq .10ml of the solution daily, using a 1ml insulin pin. should've provided 10 injections: i ran out of liquid after 6.

scratched my head, figured i'd screwed up, started over. this time i added 2ml diluent to the powder, and injected .20ml/day. again a batch that should've lasted me 10 days ran out after about 7!

since i'm new to this, i ran all sorts of measuring experiments w/ my used pins (both the big 3ml ones for reconstituting, and the 1ml insulin ones) to make sure i was reading the calibrations correctly, comparing apples and apples, etc. everything was fine: 2ml from my big pin gave me 10 small pin doses at .20ml/dose.

if i was losing half a day's supply, i might assume it was the odd drip of leakage here and there, or a short-pour when reconstituting, but when 30-40% goes poof i need a better answer. the only other thing i could imagine is the effect of keeping the liquid refrigerated (cold fridge, but not freezing), then allowing it to warm up for 10-20mins before injecting, then re-refrigerating, might lead to evaporation, but in a sealed vial? if i'm doing something stupid, or over-looking the obvious (or if you have experience w/ this effect), please help a brother out. thanks.

Some slin pins are not sealed well at the plunger and every once and while I have noticed .2cc disapearing when extracting the GH from the vial. With out seeing yours that is what I anticipate the problem to be. Are you storing your reconned GH in the fridge?

i'll check the insulin pins for loeakage, but certainly haven't noticed any yet.
yes, i keep the gh in the fridge. normal to warm it up before injection?

The GH gets in between the two ends of the plunger. In the middle you won't notice any leakage. It is difficult to see. Just look at the plunger before you draw the GH and then while the GH is in the syringe. It is as if the bottom of the plunger has better suction than the top part of the plunger and the vacuum pulls the GH into the middle of the plunger. I confirmed by after the injection by pulling the plunger completely out of the syringe and there was a small amount of liquid in the 2 halves of the plunger.

Selene said:
there is always some loss in the syringe with any injection

Agreed when it is a 3cc syringe but not with slin pins. They are extremely accurate.

Top Bottom