Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Resurrecting the Oak, Part I

You guys forgot the famous super setting routine that Arnold outlines in his book.

I have taken that one, reduced it to about a 45-50 minute routine
spread it out over a three on one off routine with tremendous success.

Yea, I second the motivational part...but in application, I think it does a great disservice to your average gym rat, it's chronic overtraining...I used to train that way,read too many articles, and got absolutely nowhere.
Arnold may have been a role model for a legion of BBers, but don't make the mistake of emulating his training principle/techniques,unless you're a genetic freak.

Sergio is right.

Sounds like serious overtraining to me, beginners should not emulate it. Not to take anything away from the article, Arnold did train much harder and longer than most of BBs, but these methods will not work for an average person. Sometimes less is more in weight training.
I grew up in the 60s and 70s and witnessed firsthand workout techniques from that era. Most people were working out for 2 full hours, every day - including myself. It is so counter productive. We were all sabotaging our own progress. Most of us were natural which made things even harder.
Yup, Arnold had genetics and he used gear to his advantage. I always admired him though, despite that Red Sonja movie. :)

good read, brings back memories, thanks Bouncer

Top Bottom