Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rather dense AAS question. Please don't flame me.

"These days you would struggle to find many truly natty females even at tested "natural' shows. "

Oh. :(

So MS - aside from sides, liver damage etc., 400mg ox = 400mg test+nandrolone? I mean in terms of the amount of actual ..... er .... active/usable/non-convertible androgens(?) that are left. Sorry - I'm not sure what the correct terminology is for how hormones are used by the body.

I don't know anyone who has ever taken that much ox for an extended period, but theoretically speaking I think oxandrolone is prolly more anabolic than testosterone on a mg/mg basis. In the real world we will possibly never know. There is plenty of evidence that at least some of the benefits from AAS also comes from the androgenic activity. Harder to measure stuff such as motivation, drive, aggression, competitiveness etc.... may be higher with a drug such as test compared to ox. But from a purely anabolic point of view, oxandrolone is pretty good!

"what's the equivalent word for bioavailability when talking about androgens?"

Strictly speaking, bioavailability merely refers to the amount of a dose absorbed and available by the body. When talking AAS (Anabolic Androgenic Steroids), it is sometimes more meaningful to talk about it's androgenic potential versus it's anabolic potential. There are also estrogenic potentials with many of the aromatizable drugs such as testosterone. In this respect, I would think that you would get 'better' true anabolic gains from 10mg per day of oxandrolone compared to 10mg per day of testosterone, but you'll also get more of a boost in terms of drive, libido, (acne!), etc... with test. In other words, if you take 10mg of ox per day and just sit on your butt and eat potato chips 24/7 you won't get great results. If you take 10mg per day of test and do the same, there is a possiblity that you might actually feel a little more motivated to get off your butt and do something with your life. But that's all speculative, and there's plenty of slobby men out there watching football and drinking beer to prove it takes more than just extra test to make you want to change your body. So I'd say that if you can stay motivated, ox is a better bet. Remember IT'S NOT THE DRUGS THAT MAKE THE CHAMPION. It's years of hard work, determination, knowledge, good luck, good genetics.

Thank you for the explanation, and indeed, MS, on the last part there, you are right as usual. And I am VERY aware of that. As I said before, I am not now, nor will be for quite some time to come, if ever, considering using AAS. I'm simply interested in learning about them, considering the large role they play in competitive bb'ing. I don't know where my drive is going to take me. All I know is that my motivation hasn't wavered in all the time I've been doing this - if anything, it's grown, and that every day of continuing this lifestyle makes me very, very happy. It seems rational to be prepared with adequate knowledge about ALL aspects of competitive bb'ing for if/when the issue of use/not use ever comes up. Assuming I'm lucky enough to have one or two good genes, and unless something radical changes in the various federations, it's fairly certain I WILL be faced with this question at some point.

Right now I have no clue how I would answer that question. But I know I would have to have attained a commendably high level of competitive status before even thinking about it.

Top Bottom