Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to Bill Llewellyn about fate of free testosterone with pro-hormone/steroid

plornive

When one takes a non-aromatizing prohormone or steroid, what happens at the beginning of the cycle when natural testosterone production has not decreased yet?

Since there is a higher amount of ANDROGEN, but not ESTROGEN from the target hormone of the prohormone or the steroid, does a higher percentage of free testosterone convert to estrogen? For instance, if there is more DHT than the body is used to, will free testosterone not convert to DHT as much and instead be more likely to aromatize? If this is true, then it would make a lot of sense to start out at low doses then increase as natural production of testosterone decreases.

I am thinking of trying 3-alpha, and I would like to get a better understanding before I try it. I want to use it for cutting. I have tried 1-test, and loved it's bulking power, but want something for cutting. Oral 1-test (SAN T-100 ether) actually increased estrogen significantly when I took really high doses (average 500mg/day). Thanks.

Last edited:
plornive said:
Since there is a higher amount of ANDROGEN, but not ESTROGEN from the target hormone of the prohormone or the steroid, does a higher percentage of free testosterone convert to estrogen?

More free test should theoretically lead to both more estrogen and DHT, as both conversions are not possible when bound. But I think realistically this is not of much relevance. T should be suppressed rather quickly.

For instance, if there is more DHT than the body is used to, will free testosterone not convert to DHT as much and instead be more likely to aromatize?

I don't believe so. I don't think there is any mechanism to really regulate DHT production independently. It should be through negative feedback inhibition of T.

More DHT should actually lead to less estrogen, as it interferes with aromatase.

Oral 1-test (SAN T-100 ether) actually increased estrogen significantly when I took really high doses (average 500mg/day). Thanks.

That is odd. Just the opposite should happen. 1-T should suppress T, and therefore estrogen. Perhaps in the beginning of the cycle the oral androgen (having an unbalanced effect on the liver) was lowering Testosterone-estradiol-binding globulin (SHBG) levels, leading to more free test and estrogen before T became suppressed.

- Bill

Thanks for the information. I think I will try 3-alpha.

I have stopped the 1-test, but I must say that I am going to miss the huge pump that came with the estrogen... not the bloating and sore nips, though. I actually felt tingling in my pecs and nips anywhere from 2 to 5 hours after each dose.

Top Bottom