Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about Homebrew, how to calculate weight?

DrakeC83

I have a question, as someone who is learning how to homebrew. I have done a lot of online research on how to bottle 10ml of various compounds. I plan on having a few bottles stocked of a few different types and I have a few questions. What determines the weight of your finished product?

For example all of the reviews of the 10 bottles of test e at 250mg/ml:
-61.25ml of sterile oil(I prefer grapeseed)
-25.00 grams of enanthate powder
-2ml of BA
-18ml of BB

This amount totals over 106ml, 6ml above the desired amount.

Example 2:

400mg/ml 25ml recipe I found is L

10 grams powder
18.75 ml sesame oil
1.25ml BA 5%
1.25ml BB 5%

again another amount that is marginally more then the desired amount.

Just for learning purposes, what ingredients and amounts determine the final product? I would like to know! Thanks again.

Good question.

The short answer is because 1 gram of hormone powder doesn't necessarily equal 1 ml of hormone liquid.

The reason for this seemingly erroneous measurement is a physical property of matter called "density".

Density can be defined as the volume that a particular mass of matter will displace and is generally measured in g/ml (grams per milliliter), but it can be measured as any unit of mass (weight on earth) / any unit of volume. e.g. lbs/cubic foot, ounces/cubic inch, tons per cubic yard, etc. For reference, pure water (@ stp) has a density of 1g/ml. This means grams of water = ml of water, and vice versa. However, it is generally never this simple with any other substance.

Raw hormone powder is composed of matter and therefore conforms to the idea of density.

Esters of hormones generally have a density > 1g/ml, which means it requires more than 1 gram to = 1ml of volume. For example: if a hormones density is 1.10g/ml, it will take 110 grams of the powder to equal 100ml.

Imagine two people. 1 huge and fat, the other lean and ripped. They both weigh exactly the same. They get into separate bath tubs nearly full of water. The fat guys tub spills water out, but the ripped guys doesn't. Why? Because even though they weigh exactly the same on a scale, the lean guy has more grams of weight per ml of his body's volume, and the fat guy weighs less grams per ml of his body's volume.

This is also the principal behind getting body fat percentage tested in a tank of water. The more dense you are, the less water you displace. And the less water you displace, the more you weigh when submerged in water.

I hope this helps.

Tony.

Last edited:
I hear that the rate is pretty close to mg per ml for most compounds, as in like 5%-10% at highest displacement in weight. Still scratching my head a little as to where the weight vanishes a little.

I hear that the rate is pretty close to mg per ml for most compounds, as in like 5%-10% at highest displacement in weight. Still scratching my head a little as to where the weight vanishes a little.

I did the math and I see what you are saying. You are right to question this because there is a thing called "conservation of matter" which scientifically states that "shit doesn't just disappear".

It seems someone messed up the calculation, but I can't say for sure.

I will post my method in a while. I think it is easier, and it is very accurate and precise. IME.

Tony.

Nice answer Tony! Now being very unscientific......there is usually always some loss in transfering from beaker to flter, filter to sterile vile, etc. I have never came over the ms desired and sometimes come up a few short with spillage form the filter.

Good question and answer!!!

Steroid Powder Density
Test Base - Density 1.12g/mL
Test Propionate - Density 1.10g/mL
Test Enanthate - Density 1.06g/mL
Test Cypionate - Density 1.10g/mL
Test Decanoate - Density 1.04g/mL
Test Isocaproate - Density 1.07g/mL
Teste Phenylpropionate - Density 1.13g/mL
Trenbolone Acetate - Density 1.18g/mL
Trenbolone Enanthate - Density 1.10g/mL
Nandrolone Decanoate - Density 1.04g/mL
Masterone propionate - Density 1.07g/mL

Steroid Powder Displacement
Test Base - 1g Displaces 0.893mL
Test Propionate - 1g Displaces 0.909mL
Test Enanthate - 1g Displaces 0.943mL
Test Cypionate - 1g Displaces 0.909mL
Test Decanoate - 1g Displaces 0.962mL
Test Isocaproate - 1g Displaces 0.935mL
Test Phenylpropionate - 1g Displaces 0.885mL
Trenbolone Acetate - 1g Displaces 0.848mL
Trenbolone Enanthate - 1g Displaces 0.909mL
Nandrolone Decanoate - 1g Displaces 0.962mL
Masterone Propionate - 1g Displaces 0.935mL

Good question.

The short answer is because 1 gram of hormone powder doesn't necessarily equal 1 ml of hormone liquid.

The reason for this seemingly erroneous measurement is a physical property of matter called "density".

Density can be defined as the volume that a particular mass of matter will displace and is generally measured in g/ml (grams per milliliter), but it can be measured as any unit of mass (weight on earth) / any unit of volume. e.g. lbs/cubic foot, ounces/cubic inch, tons per cubic yard, etc. For reference, pure water (@ stp) has a density of 1g/ml. This means grams of water = ml of water, and vice versa. However, it is generally never this simple with any other substance.

Raw hormone powder is composed of matter and therefore conforms to the idea of density.

Esters of hormones generally have a density > 1g/ml, which means it requires more than 1 gram to = 1ml of volume. For example: if a hormones density is 1.10g/ml, it will take 110 grams of the powder to equal 100ml.

Imagine two people. 1 huge and fat, the other lean and ripped. They both weigh exactly the same. They get into separate bath tubs nearly full of water. The fat guys tub spills water out, but the ripped guys doesn't. Why? Because even though they weigh exactly the same on a scale, the lean guy has more grams of weight per ml of his body's volume, and the fat guy weighs less grams per ml of his body's volume.

This is also the principal behind getting body fat percentage tested in a tank of water. The more dense you are, the less water you displace. And the less water you displace, the more you weigh when submerged in water.

I hope this helps.

Tony.

Bro', this is one of the best posts I've read on EF. Great way to explain it. I never could explain why. When using Fina I didn't understand this for a long time. Great post!

Top Bottom