Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ques. for pat- 1-ad and lipitor

stoomp

Pat im currently taking 40 mil. of lipitor daily. Would i be foolish to also use 1-ad? Would this combo be to harsh on the liver?

I can't answer for Pat, but would think myself that oral androgens (any androgens for that matter) are probably a bad idea if you are taking medication for cholesterol issues. They are likely to exacerbate the problem.

- Bill

w_llewellyn said:
I can't answer for Pat, but would think myself that oral androgens (any androgens for that matter) are probably a bad idea if you are taking medication for cholesterol issues. They are likely to exacerbate the problem.

- Bill

I have heard that 1-ad can be hard on the liver. Pat had warnings regarding liver problems in his ques & answers relating to 1-ad.I have not seen these warnings for other forms of prohormones

I have never encountered chol. problems with regard to prohormones which i have used in large doses for long periods of time.

Last edited:
stoomp said:
I have heard that 1-ad can be hard on the liver. Pat had warnings regarding liver problems in his ques & answers relating to 1-ad.I have not seen these warnings for other forms of prohormones

I don't think you have to worry about it being dangerous. I think he mentioned that he added that warning become some have noticed elevations in liver enzymes.

I have never encountered chol. problems with regard to prohormones which i have used in large doses for long periods of time.

Yet you are on Lipitor. Odd.

- Bill

I think he was trying to say . . .

Bill, I think our Good Buddy was trying to say that Prohormones have not exacerbated his cholesterol problems in the past.

I don't know if he ever checked his chol. when he was on, so the validity of that claim may be turd, but who am I to say?

Re: I think he was trying to say . . .

Fortes said:
Bill, I think our Good Buddy was trying to say that Prohormones have not exacerbated his cholesterol problems in the past.

I don't know if he ever checked his chol. when he was on, so the validity of that claim may be turd, but who am I to say?

im on lipitor because i had a heart attack last year. however, my cholesterol was never extremely high. when i watch my diet chol levels are around 150. when im not watching diet im about 220 or so. lipitor is not only given to lower chol. but also to lower risk of heart attack. ie. lipitor can prevent breakage of plaque along artery walls.lipitor can elevate liver enzymes dramatically so i was worried that 1-ad in conjunction with lipitor would not be a good idea. BTW i had chol.checked many times when on prohormones and never noticed any changes in my chol. patterns.

Last edited:
Re: Re: I think he was trying to say . . .

stoomp said:
im on lipitor because i had a heart attack last year. however, my cholesterol was never extremely high. when i watch my diet chol levels are around 150. when im not watching diet im about 220 or so. lipitor is not only given to lower chol. but also to lower risk of heart attack. ie. lipitor can prevent breakage of plaque along artery walls.lipitor can elevate liver enzymes dramatically so i was worried that 1-ad in conjunction with lipitor would not be a good idea. BTW i had chol.checked many times when on prohormones and never noticed any changes in my chol. patterns.

It is very good if you are not affected by them much. But you probably know that prohormones/steroids, oral especially, tend to lower HDL (good) cholesterol values and shift the HDL/LDL ratio in an unfavorable direction, even if they don't raise total cholesterol much or at all. Since you have had a heart attack, and may have reason to at least be concerned with this effect, I would suggest taking extreme caution. I would discuss this with your doctor first and foremost. Let him/her know you are considering the use of oral androgens, and see what the response is. I doubt it will be advised though, but also don't know this specifics of your illness.

In terms of liver toxicity, you might have reason to be cautious as well. I can't tell you much about the mechanisms involved in the hepatotoxic nature of lipitor, but logic would say that even if 1-AD was adding slight strain to your liver you might not want to mess with it.

In all regards a dermal would probably be better, if you opt to use anything at all.

Re: Re: Re: I think he was trying to say . . .

w_llewellyn said:

It is very good if you are not affected by them much. But you probably know that prohormones/steroids, oral especially, tend to lower HDL (good) cholesterol values and shift the HDL/LDL ratio in an unfavorable direction, even if they don't raise total cholesterol much or at all. Since you have had a heart attack, and may have reason to at least be concerned with this effect, I would suggest taking extreme caution. I would discuss this with your doctor first and foremost. Let him/her know you are considering the use of oral androgens, and see what the response is. I doubt it will be advised though, but also don't know this specifics of your illness.

In terms of liver toxicity, you might have reason to be cautious as well. I can't tell you much about the mechanisms involved in the hepatotoxic nature of lipitor, but logic would say that even if 1-AD was adding slight strain to your liver you might not want to mess with it.

In all regards a dermal would probably be better, if you opt to use anything at all.

Good point!!! my hdl is very low in relation to my ldl. i will be getting another blood test soon for liver and chol. and see how it goes. i must admitt i will be quite reluctant to give up the androgens. maybe i can somehow counteract the low hdl in some other fashion.ie through better nutrition etc.. Your correct and i agree that a transdermal would be more prudent with regard to my liver.

Top Bottom