Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Shake 1hr before AM Cardio

MindGame

just wondering if Protein Shake 1hr before AM Cardio is good,dont wanna loose muscle or anything,any suggestions?

If you want to burn fat, empty stomach cardio is best. If you're just working to improve CVS, sure, eat something. YOu won't go catabolic until about an hour of cardio.

I would say it's not a good idea. Because, morning cardio is usually done for maximum fat-loss, where a protein shake will hinder some of that fat-loss. Try taking Amino Acids and ECA prior to cardio instead of a protein shake. See how that works for you.

Remember, empty stomach is one of the main keys to AM cardio.
Mr.X:cool:

You COULD do that, although that will go against the entire theory of "morning cardio." So basically you would take an unnecessary meal....

View the post
30+30 does not always equal 60 in the women's board
for a WHOLE and very concise discussion about muscle loss and am cardio.

(for the record, I am an advocate of am cardio)....while some aren't . Pers exp, it works for me....:cool:

Remember, empty stomach is one of the main keys to AM cardio

I would say *the* main key is low or depleted glycogen levels. You can have a empty stomach, but still have 500 gms of stored carbohydrate stored in your body in the form of glycogen, as well as in the liver.

Actually I would say the main key is low insulin levels. When insulin levels are at fasting levels and you do moderate cardio, your body is more in a frame of mind to burn fat then doing the same cardio with high insulin levels. Of course ultimately, the calories burned are nearly the same so all cardio is good cardio. But I would agree to drop the protein shake. Unless you're doing intense interval sprints ro something extreme.

Top Bottom