Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Misconceptions

2thick,

How much protein would you suggest for someone while on?

And I am sure someone on 2g of gear will need more than someone on 500mg, so how would you justify protein needs?

Thanks.

-sk

sk* said:
2thick,

How much protein would you suggest for someone while on?

And I am sure someone on 2g of gear will need more than someone on 500mg, so how would you justify protein needs?

Thanks.

-sk

That is subject to speculation.

Considering that enhanced protein synthesis is a property of AAS, then I could see how 2-2.5g/pound could be plausible. But there is only so much protein your body can synthesis, so the difference between 500mg and 1000mg of test should be negligible.

Reactions: sk*
nEwSkIn said:
If you don´t need more than 1,5 grams protein / lb, then, me being 158 pounds, dieting at 2000 kcal/day, would have about 32% of calories coming from protein, correct?

My question is, if I have less protein, then I´ll need the carbs (or fats) to replace it, which gets me to the question:

What´s a good DIET ratio, given that you don´t need a lot of protein? 40 carbs/ 32 protein / 28 fat? Or more like 50c/32p/18f??

Wouldn´t that be to much carbs to cut?

thanx

Cutting the carbs out should be your last option. Carbs are essential for fuel so you can use all of the protein for muscle building. You should raise your omega-3 fatty acids instead of reducing the carbs. Flax seed oil would be a great example.

You should be looking at about 30% protein, 40-45% carbos, and 25-30% fat.

nEwSkIn said:
If you don´t need more than 1,5 grams protein / lb, then, me being 158 pounds, dieting at 2000 kcal/day, would have about 32% of calories coming from protein, correct?

My question is, if I have less protein, then I´ll need the carbs (or fats) to replace it, which gets me to the question:

What´s a good DIET ratio, given that you don´t need a lot of protein? 40 carbs/ 32 protein / 28 fat? Or more like 50c/32p/18f??

Wouldn´t that be to much carbs to cut?

thanx
I dunno if your math is correct.
158lbsx1,5= 237g x 4 cal/g = 948.
948 cal are 47% of a 2000 kcal diet

Debaser said:
Get off your high horse. You've just become the ONLY moderator that HAS NOT earned my respect. Irony defined.
Actually if you had been around the board for any length of time you would soon realize 2Thick is one of the best MODs we have here.

2Thick said:

They certainly do change.

If you do not give respect you do not get respect.

If you cannot understand that then I cannot help you.

I can understand that, but can't people respectfully disagree?

genarr4 said:

Actually if you had been around the board for any length of time you would soon realize 2Thick is one of the best MODs we have here.

I definetely agree. 2Thick is/was one of the most helpful mods on the ana board, there are a bunch of new mods that need to be recycled though.

-sk

Top Bottom