Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein after workout.............

sureshot33

Now, under normal circumstances, you are supposed to provide your muscles with much needed protein(and other nutrients), within 45min of working your muscles, to help with recovery of muscle tissue, so heres my ?:

If I do, say, Chest and Back on the same day, and it takes me 30min to do my chest routine; Does this mean about 20 min into my Back routine I will have started losing valuable time to get protein into my chest muscles???? Or is it just important to get the protein after the WHOLE routine is over?

Thanks in advance,
SURESHOT33

The idea of post workout protein has to do with 2 important factors: (1) the maltodextrin or whatever hi GI carb your protein uses to aid in absorption, creates an insulin spike which helps counteract cortisol that has been released into your body in high levels as a response to your workout. Post workout cortisol is extremely catabolic as it is combined with a glycogen depleted stores. A creatine/carb mix is also very efficient at this time. (2) post workout is also when your body is most available for protein absorption and will make the best use of it.

Just take it when your done, don't workout over an hour as a practice and you'll be fine.

I don't think its that big a deal. But, you may want to work both those bodyparts by themselves. Why not work each body part one day per week? You will see better results, believe it or not.

I think most of us start out overtraining and see gains for awhile. As we hit heavier and heavier weights and get larger and larger, the demand on our bodies becomes greater. When you plateau while training each body part 2 - 3 days a week, remember this. I've tried a lot over the last ten years, and I have put on more size while working once a week than with any other routine.

Big Johnson is right about the overtraining,
When you train very hard you reach the over-reaching state which you looks very muscular and all muscles peak but over-training is the next step after over-reaching therefor guys thinks by training everyday they're getting bigger but in fact it's a temproary state

I agree with weam and bigjohnson....I used to be on a three on one off routine....I recently changed it to one body part a day and I've seen better results already.....as far as protein goes....you'll need to get some with caesine in it....that way your body digests it slower and you absorb all the protein....if you don't your kindey's store the protien and later convert it to fat

thanks for that post Big Johnson, I have started the routine of one body part a week, I hope I get way better results. I use to work out two bodys parts a workout, and noticed to cheat a little on the second muscle to get out faster, cause I was getting tired from the first. I hope this makes me grow more it should.

Right when you get home drink 30 to 50 grams and then half an hour later eat a big meal.

Last edited:
I was just wondering now that summer is coming I'm uping my cardio to 4-5 times a week. So on some days I have to do my cardio after my workout. Is this a bad thing because of the cortisol levels and not getting protein untill an hour after my workout.

Top Bottom