Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post-workout carbohydrate source

"how much would be necessary for the insulin spike and to replenish muscles?"

I'll have to come back here tomorrow and reread what I write tonight because I am pretty brain dead right now, and my melatonin is kicking in right about now. I'll look for some studies, on this using pubmed tomorrow using specifically sucrose. The thing here is that sucrose, even if for some reason it is a better postworkout meal (accordingly to GI), is also half fructose, and your body can only handle so much fructose during the day without it creating palmitate/saturated fatty acids (due to it overfilling hepatic glycogen stores from a lack of enzymes that will be saturated). However, if you are below this amount, then you will have no problems. This will probably vary individual to individual, and in what conditions it is ingested. Maybe a smarter idea would be to eat similar foods with the same GI as sucrose. This is where Duchaine also went into detail. I think i have written this before in the paast, but here it is: (list of foods with the same GI):

* Boxed macaroni and cheese (92)
* Canned black bean soup (92)
* Steamed potatos (93)
* Instant Premium white rice (94)
* Canned pineapple (94)
* Canned green pea soup (94)
* Angel foo cake (95)

If the fructose is not a problem in creating lipogenesis, then all you will have to worry about is total calorie consumption for the day like you would for dextrose and maltodextrin.

BTW, if anyone has any new research regarding this topic (preferrably real scientific research and not heresy etc...), then feel free to post. It's been awhile since I have really looked into this as well.

MR. BMJ

Top Bottom