Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post and compare post-workout recovery meals here!

cutting: Protein shake & couple oranges.
bulking: Protein shake, 4 strips of bacon, 4 eggs, toast, and oatmeal / cereal.

Due to the fact I cannot get dextrose (Paris) I drink
500 ml apple juice
3 tbsp whey (containing L-glutamine - naturally)

I go by 1g of C / kg bodyweight.

I hear dextrose is mad cheap though - like 10$ for a kilo.
Anyone with experience with dextrose, how good/bad does it taste? Does it taste like anything at all?

Thanks

bulking: Protein shake, 4 strips of bacon, 4 eggs, toast, and oatmeal / cereal

Damn man....can't wait till I start bulking:D

Currently 3 scoops of Surge by Biotest, have to use up my six week supply. Just before that, I use to use the "psycho formula" from the protein factory with added carbs (dextrose and maltodextrin). When I'm out of both of these, I use any protein powder I can find and mix it with my fruit punch flavored Ultra Fuel. I try to keep my carbs between 75 and 100 post workout, and protein at a minimum of 40 post workout. I also toss in some Vitamin C and creatine in my shakes.

BLOOD DRINKER,

If you are drinking the apple juice in the place of the dextrose (glucose), then you may want to switch to grape juice because it has a higher concentration of glucose/dextrose than that of apple juice. Also, apple juice will have higher levels of fructose, which as you know, will cause a slower digestion rate. I usually drink either Ultra Fuel or Grape Juice in the place of dextrose. Alternatively, you can look at the labels of some brands of Jelly Beans for their dextrose contents. Some brands will have more dextrose than other, and some will have none at all. All will probably have sugar (sucrose) as their primary/first ingredient, but so will most drinks (grape juice). It is still debatable on which sugar is the most optimal (glucose over sucrose) for nutrient transport/absorption. Therefore, even though I strive for as much glucose as possible for my primary sugar for post-workout meals, if sucrose is present, then I do not stress about it.

MR. BMJ

Will Fructose refill any Muscle glycogen?

Blood dextrose tastes alright, I can't explain how it tastes, but its nothing to be hesitent about. I heard it goes around .80 cents a pound. I bought mine from supplementdirect, but I wonder if theres a cheaper source, I still haven't checked out the brewery?

Due to the fact I cannot get dextrose (Paris) I drink
500 ml apple juice
3 tbsp whey (containing L-glutamine - naturally)

I go by 1g of C / kg bodyweight.

I hear dextrose is mad cheap though - like 10$ for a kilo.
Anyone with experience with dextrose, how good/bad does it taste? Does it taste like anything at all?

Thanks

Damn man....can't wait till I start bulking:D

dextrose is rediculously sweet i tried it but i stopped using it by it's self cause it cause's your body to crash about an hour later. I now grind up rolled oats and put them in my PWO shake with 1 tbsp of dextrose and 50gs of WPI still researching other ideas as well

Top Bottom