Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Organic Chemists; Need Help Removing the Ester from Tren or Deca

nydj66

With the introduction of Phlogel and the prospect of getting 50% absorption from a transdermal application of steroid, I'm planning on experimenting with making my own transdermals to avoid injections and keep things stealthier.

I can get base testosterone powder no problem. But all of the other injectibles are only available in ester form.

I gather that I can dissolve the powder in methanol, add NaOH and heat gently to cleave the ester and restore something like tren ace to it free-base form.

My question is, how then do I recover the tren base? Will the free base tren crash out of solution so I can just filter it out and wash it to remove the caustic residue?

Or will I have to add dilution water and neutralize with acetic acid to accomplish the recovery?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yep, methanolic KOH or NaOH to cleave the ester. Evaporate some of the methanol after, then add some distilled water. The steroid will precipitate. Filter, and wash a few times with distilled water to remove the rest of your KOH/NaOH.

Top Bottom