Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NYPD big hit in steroids sting

HAYEZ said:
thats not bad after 5 years...considering the perks they get...if they have to live in the burough they work may suck though

Below is an excerpt from http://www.policejobsinfo.com/salaries/
I live in a medium small area in Southern Oregon and our city police dept., are all very well in shape kinda guys. The salary they get goes like this:
starting from academy at 37,500.00
2nd year is 42,500.00
3rd 50,000.00
4th is 58,500.00
5th i68,000.00 to 72,000.00
This is just for your average city cop in uniform that drives around in blue and whites.
Once they make detective, if that is their endeavor which is what alot of city cops aspire too, then it goes up even higher. We are in the top ten highest paid city police force in the nation for the size of our little metropolis. I notice that all the PoPo in our community are big guys, and the ladies that are on the force here are also very well in shape. I would bet that they indulge themselves into performance enhancement supplaments. And I dont mean creatine.
The only out of shape cops I see in our area is a state cop that roams one of our little highways.
FYI

State Law Enforcement

The pay scale for a state trooper varies with each state. Those states that are considered to be a high cost of living such as California have a higher starting salary. Recruits are usually paid a lower salary while attending the training academy. Upon graduation, they receive a raise to the starting salary for a trooper. A typical starting salary is between $30,000 - $40,000 per year. California has a starting salary around $50,000 per year.

Salary increases also varies with each state. Some states offer a 5% raise every year for the first five years on the job. Others offer a raise after successfully completing two years on the job. The rank structure for a trooper is usually modeled after the United States military. Career progression is Sergeant - Lieutenant - Captain - Major - Lieutenant Colonel - Colonel. Every trooper has the potential to rise through the ranks. The promotional process may include submitting a written package of one's work history, a written test, a series of assessment center exercises which simulate real-life scenarios and an evaluation of the candidate's knowledge of the Patrol's policies and procedures.

Troopers may receive additional pay for working in specialized areas such as motorcycle patrol or working with canines. Additional pay may also be given if a trooper possess a specialized skill such as being bilingual or having the certification to fly an airplane. Troopers can also earn additional pay by working overtime hours.

City And County Law Enforcement

The pay scale for a city police officer or deputy sheriff varies with each department. Larger departments located in a big city do not necessarily have a higher starting salary despite the higher cost of living. A New York City police officer earns around $32,000 per year after graduating from the training academy. Whereas, a police officer in Greenville, NC earns around $38,000 after completing training. Each city and county determines its own pay scale. Some smaller cities and counties are more financially sound than their larger counterparts. This allows them to pay their officers a higher salary and helps to prevent officers from jumping ship and going to another department. Officers and deputies usually receive a lower pay while in training. Upon graduation, they receive a full starting salary. Starting salaries average between $25,000 - $52,000.

Most departments have an automatic salary increase for the first few years on the job. They also offer promotion opportunities to various ranks. Most departments follow the military rank structure. Some will include the level of Police Officer I, Police Officer II, III and IV before progressing to the rank of Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, etc. Some departments will have a detective or inspector position which pays a higher salary.

Most departments will pay overtime at the rate of time and one-half. Some departments will offer an educational incentive. An officer or deputy can earn a certain percent more in salary if he obtains an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree. Most departments offer a uniform allowance.

Top Bottom