Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

no-fat diet affects sex drive?

Island Son

hmm ok this will sound like a newbie post. But in my own defence I've done a quick search and haven't found anything similar.

According to some of what I've seen fats act as a catalyst in making test. Does this mean going on a super-low-fat diet would lower your production of natural test, leading to decreased gains, lower aggression and general disinterest in the bedroom?
(but of course, fat guys ain't generally known as casanovas either, except for The Hedgehog)

Just... um.. curious. No reason. Really :D

Island Son said:
hmm ok this will sound like a newbie post. But in my own defence I've done a quick search and haven't found anything similar.

According to some of what I've seen fats act as a catalyst in making test. Does this mean going on a super-low-fat diet would lower your production of natural test, leading to decreased gains, lower aggression and general disinterest in the bedroom?
(but of course, fat guys ain't generally known as casanovas either, except for The Hedgehog)

Just... um.. curious. No reason. Really :D

This is right, low fat/fat free diets does lower test levels and will screw with your sex life. Back when I was stupid and only taking in like 10 grams a fat a day, I could tell a lot what is was doing to my sex drive and my muscles. It took about a month or so of eating a balance diet to get my test levels back to normal again. I'm trying to do some research on the issue to see if it is possible to screw up your natural test levels from dieting too long. But as long as you keep your fat intake around 40+ grams a day you'll be fine.

For test, I think what is more important is to get a decent amount of saturated fat in your diet, but of course also eating a decent of amount fats in general. I don't know any reason why someone would want to go on a diet anywhere near zero fat. I eat 3-4 steaks a week, but usually that is the only time I eat food that has a decent amount of saturated fat in it. If I other foods with a decent amount of saturated fat then I will probably eat them in replacement of a steak. I still get a decent amount of saturated fat everyday because the other foods I eat, like salmon, 7% ground turkey, nuts, etc., all have some saturated fat in them. I eat around 35% calories from fat, so the low saturated fat foods ad up to yield a decent amount over the course of a day. I still think the inclusion of steaks helps, because when I would go a few weeks without any "hard-core" fats, like steaks, I started to feel weaker than usual and not good.

Last edited:
lack of sex-DRIVE

I dieted for about 5 months straight, with near maintenance time-periods in the middle. I noticed a slow decrease in sex-drive. As my fat percentage became lower (I ended up at about 7.5%), my sex drive became lower.

I'm not sure whether it was from the length of dieting, the low bodyfat levels (perhaps that is way below my setpoint and leptin just wasn't pumpin'), the high amounts of cardio (45, 5 times per week in morning). I binged off and on at the end, and gained back about 2 pounds (ended at 155, 5'10"). Funny thing is, I couldn't visibly see the weight gain, and my energy levels jumped back up (along with some of my sex-drive).

Anyone ever have a mega-high-calory day and feel like your body is literally on fire? Bingeing seemed to have an extremely thermic and rejuvenating effect. Eating fat seems to make me more energetic, too. However, I don't try to favor saturated fat.

My sex-drive has steadily increase since then (3 weeks ago). I am eating maintenance calories, and lifting moderatetly with a bit of cardio (4 days of lifting, 20 min cardio 3 days per week). My workouts have been getting easier.

Re: lack of sex-DRIVE

plornive said:

I'm not sure whether it was from the length of dieting, the low bodyfat levels (perhaps that is way below my setpoint and leptin just wasn't pumpin'),

That is exactly what it is. When your body thinks it is starving, creating another mouth to feed is not high on its agenda, so it shuts down the reproductive axis.

Top Bottom