Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Diet, new problem!!

dieselj

To start reaping the full results of my training I have put myself on a pretty strict diet. It is based on 6 meals of lean protein spaced at 3 hour intervals throughout the day. However, since increasing the amount of protein in my diet, I have also experienced an increase in flatulence. It is almost to the point of embarrassment. It is fine now, because the 5 guys in my dorm room don't care, but with Xmas break steadily approaching, where I will be spending significant time with my girlfriend I want to find a way to curb my digestion problems, but still stick to my diet. I have seen pills like Gas-EX and Bean-O, do these even work or are they just gimmicks. Let me know if anyone else has had this problem, or if you know a way to remedy it. Thank you for your time.

Cheers

I'm with him.....eat more carbs. I'm not sure on the number of protein shakes you take each day but you might want to cut those down also (depending on various things).

also try chewing your food better. This stimulates the secretion of saliva. Saliva actually has a lot of enxymes in it which aid in the digestion of food. I find that when i chew better i tend to have less gass.

Also try chewing yes chewing you prot drinks, this also to get some saliva in when drink a liquid meal.

ginger root
enzymes

eat slowlier
don't "absorb" air when you eat

What? Your girlfriend never farts??

Seriously though - ginger root actually does the trick for me! But most capsules come in 500mg doses - and that's not quite enough. I would take 1000mg (usually two capsules) of ginger root with each meal that is high in protein.

Hey, sounds like you might be lactose intolerant. Do you use milk in your protein shakes? Try lactaid, you can usually get it at wally world, or at the grocery store. It works for me.

Top Bottom