Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some car alarm help for my dad...

So my dad has a 96 Acura that he bought from his god-daughter a few years ago. She had an aftermarket alarm installed (don't know if it is clifford, alpine or what) and now the alarm is all fucked up - the siren goes off every time he opens the door, and the car will not start becuase he cannot disengage the alarm. The Fobs are dead (and yes new batteries were tried).

We tried the key turn in all the locks and the disconnect the battery method as well, still nothing.

At this point, he want to simply disable the alarm. Any easy way to do this? It is just a brain somewhere that the wiring harness can be yanked out?

He will have the car towed to a mechanic if needed, but if it is a simple fix, I would like to help him out. Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bluesman

what kind of acura? legend or is a vigor?

under the dash (driver side..on the right of the fuse box) is where the wires are (pop off the piece and just take out thw whole alarm?

if he doesn't plan on using the alarm ever again, cut the wires on the horn inside the engine bay, disconnect the wires going to the battery, that should do it..if not then do what the other post said, pop the panel either by the ignition column or down by the floor board and remove the whole unit....

Got it, you guys were right on - wired to the fuse box...yanked out the wires, car is good to go. (It is a Legend, by the way.)

Thanks,

Bluesman

Top Bottom