Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with Fatloss

FZ33

Hey guys im new to the forums and been doing some reading and figured i could start a new thread.

I am 23 5'6 260 and a smoker.

Pretty much I am sick of having to buy new close because i keep getting bigger. and I just need a major change!

So far I have cut down my smoking from a pack a day to about 4 or 5 cigs a day. I have cut out Sodas except for maybe 1 a day. Cut out Fast food and junk food for about a week now to ease into a diet comfortably. and have been doing some walking to try and get my cardio up to prepare for a strict diet/workout regiment.

I just don't know how diets work and or what type of workout regiment i am supposed to have. Unfortunately i cannot afford a trainer or nutritionist so i was hoping you guys can help me out.

Any info would be appreciated. THANKS!

listen I will give you this link:
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/d...stack-pics-real-customers-inside-721383.html?

yes they are supps, but along with normal Diet and Normal Exercise it will make getting lean 100% easier.

this is a real quote:

Name:
AbolishedEnigma
Date:
04/06/2010
Review:
This stuff is GREAT!! I lost all the stubborn fat that I was having a hard time losing on cardio alone. I would say I dropped a good 32 lbs on a proper diet with minimal cardio. GREAT PRODUCT!!

as far as training

Do Cardio alone 3 times a week on its OWN day ( 30-40 mins)

Then another 3 days Lift Do just the basics:

Squats,
Deadlift
Militray press
Bench pess
Shugs

do nothing heavy, just condition your body to take weight load. do 3 sets of 12
last set of each one should have you sweating hard but not straining

Personally, I wouldn't worry about supplements quite yet. Really, at your current fitness level, a major paradigm shift in diet is all that it'll take to drop a few pounds. When you're down 30lbs, and starting to train properly, look into a proper supplementation regime.

At your current weight, you would burn about 4000 Calories a day just to live, and complete a moderate (30m) cardio exercise.
Eating 3000 Calories a day will let you lose up to a pound of fat every 3.5 days. 3000Kcal (Calories) is a lot of food, if you eat properly
Eat your body weight in grams of lean protein daily. This will add up to 1040 Calories of your allotted 3000.
Replace high calorie foods with smaller portions, or lower calorie foods. Generally, carbohydrate rich foods are higher in calories, proteinaceous and vegetable foods are lower in calories. Substitute sandwiches for open faced varieties with more meat, chips for vegetables, french fries for an extra McDouble (not that Mcdonalds should be a portion of any fat-loss attempt, but as a man, you will crave that burger every so often). You get the gist.

Smoking is going to make cardio suck. You're making a conscious effort to drop weight, so you need to make a conscious effort to stop smoking. Nicotine addiction is tough, so while it's still not a healthier option, consider moving to smokeless tobacco for your fix. Same health risks, but your cardio will improve much faster. A single cigarette a day can have an adverse effect on the cardio capacity of an unfit individual. A longtime smoking friend switched to dips and made great improvements in a short time.

3 days a week, concentrate on the compound lift exercises. Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Tricep Dips, basically everything Omega said. Resistance training is required to gain (and prevent the loss of) muscle mass. Having more muscle makes fat loss easier, less muscle makes re-gaining fat easier. Losing a ton of fat and muscle will only lead to a higher propensity to regain after you quit.

Good luck. For the record, I was able to drop 65lbs while still eating fast food occasionally. Be strict, but don't be silly. Your main goal is Health right now. Don't forget that it took you years to gain the weight, losing it will take a while too.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about supplements quite yet. Really, at your current fitness level, a major paradigm shift in diet is all that it'll take to drop a few pounds. When you're down 30lbs, and starting to train properly, look into a proper supplementation regime.

At your current weight, you would burn about 4000 Calories a day just to live, and complete a moderate (30m) cardio exercise.
Eating 3000 Calories a day will let you lose up to a pound of fat every 3.5 days. 3000Kcal (Calories) is a lot of food, if you eat properly
Eat your body weight in grams of lean protein daily. This will add up to 1040 Calories of your allotted 3000.
Replace high calorie foods with smaller portions, or lower calorie foods. Generally, carbohydrate rich foods are higher in calories, proteinaceous and vegetable foods are lower in calories. Substitute sandwiches for open faced varieties with more meat, chips for vegetables, french fries for an extra McDouble (not that Mcdonalds should be a portion of any fat-loss attempt, but as a man, you will crave that burger every so often). You get the gist.

Smoking is going to make cardio suck. You're making a conscious effort to drop weight, so you need to make a conscious effort to stop smoking. Nicotine addiction is tough, so while it's still not a healthier option, consider moving to smokeless tobacco for your fix. Same health risks, but your cardio will improve much faster. A single cigarette a day can have an adverse effect on the cardio capacity of an unfit individual. A longtime smoking friend switched to dips and made great improvements in a short time.

3 days a week, concentrate on the compound lift exercises. Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Tricep Dips, basically everything Omega said. Resistance training is required to gain (and prevent the loss of) muscle mass. Having more muscle makes fat loss easier, less muscle makes re-gaining fat easier. Losing a ton of fat and muscle will only lead to a higher propensity to regain after you quit.

Good luck. For the record, I was able to drop 65lbs while still eating fast food occasionally. Be strict, but don't be silly. Your main goal is Health right now. Don't forget that it took you years to gain the weight, losing it will take a while too.

4000 calories a day just to live?? How did you come up with that number? Using a basic BMR calculator his caloric needs JUST to live is 2367.6 . Incorporating a workout routine (as others listed) and adjusting his calories based on his BMR will get him down to his goal weight.

thanks for the info so far guys! So now eating and how much. how do i determine what i am supposed to eat in a day and how often?

If I were you eat 2000 calories a day of lean meat, vegetables, some fruit and if you have any starchy carbs make sure they are whole grain lie oatmeal brown right whole wheat bread and brown rice. Id cut out all soda candy and junk food. Make your food and stop smoking. Drink water only, and again ill say vegetables and chicken are the two best things you can eat.

Top Bottom